× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

New firmware causes no connection with mobile network

nglcour
Aspirant

New firmware causes no connection with mobile network

Hi,

Since the firmware update to this device last month I haven't been able to get the device to connect to the EE network, despite a reset and reentering the APN settings.

How can I go back to the previous firmware?  Whenever I go into the settings via the web I try to manually select an EE network but it seems to pivot to o2 by default - not sure if that's a fault with the firmware upgrade.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
MidnightDuck
Aspirant

Re: New firmware causes no connection with mobile network

Just spent a couple of hours trying to resolve it. An EE sim not working, but a 3 and O2 sim worked fine. 

(Seen a response on O2 forums about it not working with O2, but working with EE)

Solution was to add a secondary APN (default is 'btinernet.bt.com', secondary is 'everywhere'), set the connection to 4G only, change to a different APN (default --> secondary) and it started working. Then we changed it from 4G to 4G+5G and then back to the default APN.

My theory is that it's caused by the recent removal of 3G.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
MidnightDuck
Aspirant

Just spent a couple of hours trying to resolve it. An EE sim not working, but a 3 and O2 sim worked fine. 

(Seen a response on O2 forums about it not working with O2, but working with EE)

Solution was to add a secondary APN (default is 'btinernet.bt.com', secondary is 'everywhere'), set the connection to 4G only, change to a different APN (default --> secondary) and it started working. Then we changed it from 4G to 4G+5G and then back to the default APN.

My theory is that it's caused by the recent removal of 3G.

Message 2 of 3
nglcour
Aspirant

Whatever the cause your steps fixed it, much appreciated.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7