× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: New firmware causes no connection with mobile network

nglcour
Aspirant

New firmware causes no connection with mobile network

Hi,

Since the firmware update to this device last month I haven't been able to get the device to connect to the EE network, despite a reset and reentering the APN settings.

How can I go back to the previous firmware?  Whenever I go into the settings via the web I try to manually select an EE network but it seems to pivot to o2 by default - not sure if that's a fault with the firmware upgrade.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
MidnightDuck
Aspirant

Just spent a couple of hours trying to resolve it. An EE sim not working, but a 3 and O2 sim worked fine. 

(Seen a response on O2 forums about it not working with O2, but working with EE)

Solution was to add a secondary APN (default is 'btinernet.bt.com', secondary is 'everywhere'), set the connection to 4G only, change to a different APN (default --> secondary) and it started working. Then we changed it from 4G to 4G+5G and then back to the default APN.

My theory is that it's caused by the recent removal of 3G.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
MidnightDuck
Aspirant

Just spent a couple of hours trying to resolve it. An EE sim not working, but a 3 and O2 sim worked fine. 

(Seen a response on O2 forums about it not working with O2, but working with EE)

Solution was to add a secondary APN (default is 'btinernet.bt.com', secondary is 'everywhere'), set the connection to 4G only, change to a different APN (default --> secondary) and it started working. Then we changed it from 4G to 4G+5G and then back to the default APN.

My theory is that it's caused by the recent removal of 3G.

Message 2 of 3
nglcour
Aspirant

Whatever the cause your steps fixed it, much appreciated.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7