× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Night Hawk M1 MR1100 Telstra firmware version stuck at 12.06.02

sasan89
Aspirant

Night Hawk M1 MR1100 Telstra firmware version stuck at 12.06.02

Hello,

I have the Telstra Model, and it's stuck at 12.06.02 version (no updates yet). I check the community and it seams all other models are either upgraded to 12.06.07 or 12.06.08 which solves the problematic charging algorithm.

I have a third party charger which charges the device a little faster but when it reaches 45 degress Celsius, the device stops charging for a long time and go to battery heat mode. It happens too frequently and it takes so long to charge the device that it's frustrating. I checked and seems the problem is solved in newer firmwares, but for some reason telstra model didn't get the update.

Can I ask for the update?

Thank you,

Sasan Moshirabadi.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 7
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Night Hawk M1 MR1100 Telstra firmware version stuck at 12.06.02

Telstra upgrade is coming soon. The latest upgrade was postponed due to data usage issue on Telstra network. We are helping to address the data usage issue and will have an official release out soon.

Message 2 of 7
sasan89
Aspirant

I went on with another firmwares flash. Can i flash back official firmware?
Message 3 of 7
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

It depends on how you flash the other FW. Please let me know what FW and how you flash it.

Thanks

Message 4 of 7
sasan89
Aspirant

I used this method: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Mobile-Routers-Hotspots-Modems/MR1100-Firmware-Update/m-p/1813650

And it worked. But I just saw you removed all firmware files of telstra, so I can't get back on that channel. please post a link of the latest firmware or one of older ones so I can flash back.

Thank you.

Message 5 of 7
DamianR
Tutor

The Telstra firmware has an issue with the battery heat message going off too early , which is apparently solved in 12.06.11 (EUS) etc.

Will we get this update soon ? 
These devices have been extremely frustrating to deal with, given the issues experienced. 

Why, Oh Why does Telstra feel the need to custom skin the FW of mobiles, routers, and these too...

I realise it may make support easier, but with the absolute lack of competent call centre support anyway, why not leave the FW stock & refer problems back to the manufacturer where someone may be able to help ? 

P.S. sasan89, I have an (old) Telstra FW. I tried flash to EUS version, it doesnt allow you to save changes to Wifi SSID etc. So I changed it back. Sing ot if you need the old FW (it will then auto update to 12.xxxxx

Message 6 of 7
sasan89
Aspirant

Thanks for your the kind suggestion. Fortunately, I found an older firmware on my laptop's hard disk and flashed to Telstra firmware. And yes, the battery is really difficult to deal with. I think the design of the device is flawed... the heat desipation is problematic. The device gets warm too soon. You should not use the device when you are charging if you don't want it to go into battery heat mode. It's really sad, because I paid significant amount of money for it where I live and NetGears have quite the reputation in this field. I didn't expect them to be this flunky designing the device. No matter what firmware you are on, heat problem will be the issue for the rest of the devices life time. So sorry 😉 the problem seems to be related to the amount of electrical current device pulls, which makes it go hot when being used during charging. The battery size is big and when it surpasses a certain degree, it needs to cool down or it just gets warmer at a magnified rate. So the device goes into heat mode... I don't believe they could ever fix this. The battery shape makes it hard to desipate heat properly.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7