× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk M1 No Internet for devices

JAWS98
Aspirant

Nighthawk M1 No Internet for devices

Hi,

I have recently been given a Nighthawk M1 MR1100-100EUS Mobile router (it was bought new a couple of months ago by a friend) and I have purchased a Vodafone Data Sim so I can use the Internet with connected devices.

After a little fiddling I have managed to get the M1 to connect to the Vodafone Network (had to get the right APN settings) and the device and app\web page says it is connected to Vodafone UK 4G, however no matter what device I connect it says that there is no internet connection and I cannot browse the web?  I am using a Mac to connect, does this make a difference?

The device has the standard web address 192.168.1.1 however the network status shows 10.4.103.137, is this correct?

I know the sim works as if I put it into my phone the 4G network is fine.

I take it this model works in the UK?

If you have any solutions, please let mew know.

Many Thanks,

James

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk M1 No Internet for devices

I don't get how you know the internet's working and its connected correctly if nothing you connect works. 

Did you contact vodafone for help setting the apn/hot spot settings on it? 

Even though the sim works in a phone, is it approved for hotspot's? 

Message 2 of 4
Johnpettet
Aspirant

Did you manage to get your Vodafone sim to work?
Message 3 of 4
JAWS98
Aspirant

Hi @Johnpettet ,

Yes, I did manage to get this working in the end.  I thought I had updated this post but it looks like it didn't save the update.

I went back to Vodafone and got them to activate the SIM, what I also found out was the data package hadn't been activated, I had to go through the top-up process to activate\purchase the data package and once that was complete it was all working.

I have also found that once the data [ackage has been used\expired, it is a little confuring on the Vodafone site to enable another data package.

Thanks,

James

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7