× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk M1 and AT&T

ccsmith51
Aspirant

Nighthawk M1 and AT&T

I have a Nighthawk M1 hotspot and an AT&T unlocked SIM. 

In my discussion when I say "connect" I mean no internet.

At times the M1 will not connect.  Other times it connects and runs for hours.  Other times it connects then in a few minutes disconnects.  Then it might reconnect and disconnect again a short time later.

When the internet drops the blue light on the still M1 flashes.  I have 2 - 3 bars signal strength to LTE.  Occasionally I see the Upload / Download arrow flash next to the signal bars, but even then there is no internet.

I took the SIM out and put it in an A&T Unite hotspot and do not have this issue. 

Can anyone tell me what to look at or change?  Thank You.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 4
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Nighthawk M1 and AT&T

If you are using MR1100-100NAS SKU with AT&T SIM, the issue may be due to AT&T blocks the SIM plan to be used on M1.

Thanks

Message 2 of 4
ccsmith51
Aspirant

Thanks, John.  It is that SKU.  But if they were going to block the plan why would they allow it to work sometimes for hours at a time, and then other times for only a few moments?  Why would they turn it on and off?

Message 3 of 4
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

This depends on how network sets up the rules to check. Some networks checks when the device tries to connect to the network/. Then the data connection will be rejected right way with the cause of Illegal UE. Some network may check periodically on the blocked devices and disconnect the data connection.

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7