× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk M1 questions.. Anker Quick-charge wattage?

boazbo
Aspirant

Nighthawk M1 questions.. Anker Quick-charge wattage?

I bought the first version of the M1 back in 2018. I have used it to work from home ever since. I started a job two years ago that I use zoom for. I host 2 hour meetings a few times a week with usually 6-7 people. My M1 was connected to a Netgear router and plugged in with an anker charger that’s 40 some watts. I’ve always periodically had issues with it dropping the connection and briefly kicking me off zoom. I use Ethernet while in zoom. Lately however it’s been getting worse.. happening more frequently. I used to stream on a different platform that was just one provided by the company I worked for, not zoom, and I had fewer issues. So maybe it’s zoom related also? I don’t know. I also thought maybe my device was just getting old and less reliable, so I bought a new M1 MR1100-100NAS. I live too rural im sure for 5g and my att grandfathered unlimited plane doesn’t allow 5g access, so I didn’t see any point in the m5/m6. But correct me if I’m wrong on that? I have a couple ring cameras and I noticed when I switched to having my old m1 connected to a separate router I lost the connection on those. Speeds/stability for everything else seemed about the same. I wasn’t really sure if it was helping or harming, but I just left it as is with the router. Speed tests were pretty much the same. When I set up the new m1 I noticed my ring cameras came back online without the router connected. So this time I just left the router off. I also wanted to purchase a new quick-charger since my old one is also from 2018 and maybe getting old? The new one is 63 watts. Could that be overboard? Could it cause it to overheat or anything? Is there like a max recommended wattage? The m1 on my att plan is my only option really for internet in my area. Starlink recently came available but it is extremely expensive in comparison. I also have no idea how well it works in my area. I’ve heard fiber is on the way so I’d prefer to wait on that anyway.

Message 1 of 2
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Nighthawk M1 questions.. Anker Quick-charge wattage?

Using Anker Quick-charge with M1 is overkill. The PA shipped with the device is good enough to power the device.

Please try to use the device with battery in. The device was designed 6 or 7 years ago, the battery charging chip is spec is old. If using the device without battery, the data connection may be interrupted if there is sudden power surge.

Thanks

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7