× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk M1 roaming won't work APN settings Portugal

Joyce88
Aspirant

Nighthawk M1 roaming won't work APN settings Portugal

Hi hoope someone can help . I am getting extremely cross. Trying tio get roaming working in Portugal but need APN settings for Portugal carrier MEO , Nos , perhaps vodaphone. Sim works in a phone but router no . can even get intoi the mobile app now.

Suggestions of what to do where to look would be appreciated as it is ruining my trip Nighthawk M1

Thanks 

joyce

Message 1 of 4
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Nighthawk M1 roaming won't work APN settings Portugal

On the APN setting page, please check Roaming data to enable it. Then the device will be able to connect to roaming network automatically.

Thanks

Message 2 of 4
Joyce88
Aspirant

Hi thanks for response unfortiunately did not work with this sim. Another sim did work. My internet supplier seems incapable of providing me with APN settings and I don't know where to find them for Bouyages France

Message 3 of 4
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@Joyce88 wrote:

Hi thanks for response unfortiunately did not work with this sim. Another sim did work. My internet supplier seems incapable of providing me with APN settings and I don't know where to find them for Bouyages France

If your APN setting is the same as what you used in your home network, but data connection still can not be set up after you enable Roaming data checkbox, that means your SIM plan may not have roaming data enabled. Please check your carrier.

If you buy a local SIM card, you can ask the vendor what APN to set.

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series