× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk M2 Manager - cruise ship connection

Fionagrace
Follower

Nighthawk M2 Manager - cruise ship connection

Hi 

I have this device which I use extensively in the UK and abroad for WiFi then only use one roaming package across all our mobile devices.

I’m going on a cruise for the first time in August and they are charging over £100 per day per person per device.  I use my iPad to do workouts so want it for my phone and pad.   

Can I connect my Nighthawk to the ship WiFi and then use this device as normal?  If so, how do I do this? 

Thanks

fiona 

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk M2 Manager - cruise ship connection

100/day/device?! Wow thats a touch rediculous. You could pay for a month of starlink service based off just the daily rate from 1 device. 

The M2 does have wifi offloading (I'd disable its cellular connection so it doesn't default back to it). 

Would it work? Depends on the cruise ship as if they're raking in that much per device/day, they're going to be more proactive in monitoring the devices connected. You'd be better to see if they have a forum and what users have used before for their service. Because at that rate, I guarantee that someone else has tried what you're trying or using a travel router with WISP function. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7