× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Nighthawk M5 (MR5200) wifi connection to local router

droinwork
Tutor

Nighthawk M5 (MR5200) wifi connection to local router

Hi, for the internet connection I use a Nighthawk M5 (MR5200) which is very good, but I need to connect it to the wan port to the router of the local network via a wifi connection, I was wondering if it is possible and which wireless bridges can I use to have the maximum possible speed allowed by 5G.
Another question, is it possible to use multiple 5G routers to add up the internet bandwidth?
Thank you

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Your statement was a little confusing. 

You're trying to connect the MR5200 to another router so the MR5200 is supplying the 2nd route with internet connection? 
or you're wanting to connect a router that has internet already to the MR5200 so the MR5200 has failover capability? 

You also might get better help from the mobile router forum for those devices. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Mobile-Routers-Hotspots-Modems/bd-p/aircard

Message 2 of 5
droinwork
Tutor

Yes, I am trying to connect the MR5200 to another router so that the MR5200 provides the second path with internet connection!
Thank you

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

You should be able to hardwire a router into the mr5200. 

There's a few caveats there.

1. If you're wanting the mr5200 as a failover or load balancing option, your router needs to support those modes (rare)
  2. If you're just wanting a better router for wifi or better range, you'd want to prevent a double nat and either have the 2nd router in access point mode, the mr5200 in passthrough mode, or the 2nd routers IP address in the mr5200's DMZ. 
Message 4 of 5
droinwork
Tutor

I figured, thanks for the support

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements