× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk M5 (MR5200) wifi connection to local router

droinwork
Tutor

Nighthawk M5 (MR5200) wifi connection to local router

Hi, for the internet connection I use a Nighthawk M5 (MR5200) which is very good, but I need to connect it to the wan port to the router of the local network via a wifi connection, I was wondering if it is possible and which wireless bridges can I use to have the maximum possible speed allowed by 5G.
Another question, is it possible to use multiple 5G routers to add up the internet bandwidth?
Thank you

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk M5 (MR5200) wifi connection to local router

Your statement was a little confusing. 

You're trying to connect the MR5200 to another router so the MR5200 is supplying the 2nd route with internet connection? 
or you're wanting to connect a router that has internet already to the MR5200 so the MR5200 has failover capability? 

You also might get better help from the mobile router forum for those devices. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Mobile-Routers-Hotspots-Modems/bd-p/aircard

Message 2 of 5
droinwork
Tutor

Yes, I am trying to connect the MR5200 to another router so that the MR5200 provides the second path with internet connection!
Thank you

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

You should be able to hardwire a router into the mr5200. 

There's a few caveats there.

1. If you're wanting the mr5200 as a failover or load balancing option, your router needs to support those modes (rare)
  2. If you're just wanting a better router for wifi or better range, you'd want to prevent a double nat and either have the 2nd router in access point mode, the mr5200 in passthrough mode, or the 2nd routers IP address in the mr5200's DMZ. 
Message 4 of 5
droinwork
Tutor

I figured, thanks for the support

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements