× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk M6 Pro Extremely Sluggish

monsoon_moon
Aspirant

Nighthawk M6 Pro Extremely Sluggish

Hi all - I am in the exact same situation as the OP on the below thread.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cell-Service-Mobile-Hotspot/Nighthawk-6-PRO-MR6500/m-p/2303494

The OP claimed the solution was an upgraded firmware (version unknown) received by a tech called John. AT&T does not seem to be giving me any firmware updates for my device. Checking for updates in the admin menu shows "current," though I can see my version (shown below) is significantly behind the other firmware versions I see users discussing here.

NTGX65_10.04.22.01

Could I please get updated firmware and other help if warranted?

I have the .json file on hand...

Message 1 of 8
monsoon_moon
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk M6 Pro Extremely Sluggish

Bumping this thread... not sure how to raise attention otherwise.

Message 2 of 8
dmcshaw61
Tutor

I also have the same issues.
I have sent my json file to John Peng, and I am still waiting for a response!
Message 3 of 8
JT240Z
Luminary

Same problem here as well.  Same firmware version.  Can't seem to get an update since the device says I'm up to date.

Message 4 of 8
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

AT&T is rolling out the update of FW 12.01.16.01 gradually. It should come to your devices in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks

Message 5 of 8
JT240Z
Luminary

Seems like the fixes are always delayed by AT&T.  I don't envy your position with these problems.  Netgear has created some of their own problems, but they're always complicated by AT&T's distribution system.

Thanks for any help you've provided.

Message 6 of 8
bombsquadrob
Aspirant

I have the same issue as well at my sisters house.  If you hook up the device directly to a laptop, the speeds are about 220mbps download.  But if you connect it to a network switch the performance drops to about 20mbps.

She does live in a remote area and the only cell tower is an AT&T tower so this is her only option.  

Suggestions?  I thought about tethering it to the computer next to it and doing an internet sharing config to test, but welcome to other suggestions.

Message 7 of 8
saminmel
Aspirant

I encounter the same issue.

Here's my solution.

1. Remove the back cover, and battery,

2. Connect it to usb power, and switch it on,

3. Put a cooler fan under it

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats