× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk M6 Pro MR6500 hot spot OEM power adapter

waterwheelfarm
Aspirant

Nighthawk M6 Pro MR6500 hot spot OEM power adapter

I purchased a refurbed unit through amazon and it did not come with a netgear power adapter & cord. I want to run this unit without the battery, but when I removed it, received the message:

Use the supplied power adapter when operating without the battery

I headed to my local AT&T store and we tried different power adapters to come up with the volts/amps needed (20w/5v/3a). I know I can buy one, but thought I'd reach out to Netgear to see if I could get a part number and try to order an OEM one.

Well, I have a 90 warranty, yet customer support was completely unhelpful! They originally said they would ship another power adapter, however the powers that be said no, not unless I can give them the correct part number, even though they have my model number and serial number. Grr....

Could anyone provide me with the correct part numbers for the power adapter & cord (should be printed on the side of the cord) for this unit?

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
JT240Z
Luminary

Re: Nighthawk M6 Pro MR6500 hot spot OEM power adapter

The one you found should work at 5V/3A/20W.  The voltage is critical, but the amperage and wattage can be anything above what you stated.  A 4-amp 30 or 40W adapter would be better.  I don't have mine in front of me but when I get home, I'll see if it has a specific rating.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
JT240Z
Luminary

Unfortunately Netgear has chosen to not sell the power adapter by itself.  No way to purchase the "OEM Netgear" power adapter.

Message 2 of 6
waterwheelfarm
Aspirant

Well that's a shame. I wish they would at least confirm what I should get.

Does anyone know the correct volts/amps/watts I should use with this to run without the battery?

Message 3 of 6
JT240Z
Luminary

The one you found should work at 5V/3A/20W.  The voltage is critical, but the amperage and wattage can be anything above what you stated.  A 4-amp 30 or 40W adapter would be better.  I don't have mine in front of me but when I get home, I'll see if it has a specific rating.

Message 4 of 6
JT240Z
Luminary

Look for a USB-C power adapter that has a Qualcomm QC-2.0 or QC-3.0 quick charge chip in it.  That should work.

Message 5 of 6
waterwheelfarm
Aspirant

Thank you for the help!
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements