× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Nighthawk M6 Pro turns itself off a couple of times a day

robadams321
Guide

How do I check the FW version?

What version do I need?

If I have the old version, how do I update it?

Message 26 of 54
SPPED
Aspirant

Hopefully someone chimes in with a fix. Also have the Pro 6 and purchased it for almost same reasons. Thermostat, cameras, etc. Mine seems to work fine all day but overnight at some point turns itself off. Get to location where it is, unplug it and plug it back in then usually fine all day. Then repeat over night. No battery, it's plugged in, not getting hot, brand new blah blah blah. All the same as original post and this one.

Message 27 of 54
SPPED
Aspirant

As i was typing that a software update came on the device. Updating right now but have a feeling that's not the fix. New version is Firmware version NTGX65_10.04.22.00

Message 28 of 54
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@SPPED wrote:

As i was typing that a software update came on the device. Updating right now but have a feeling that's not the fix. New version is Firmware version NTGX65_10.04.22.00

The new release should resolve the issue you experienced that device may turn off and user has to unplug the power to reset it.

Please advise your experiences with the new FW.

Thanks

Message 29 of 54
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@robadams321 wrote:

How do I check the FW version?

What version do I need?

If I have the old version, how do I update it?

On LCD UI, tap Settings - More - Device Information.

The new FW version is 10.04.22.00. 

You can do manual upgrade check by tapping Settings -> More -> Software

Thanks

Message 30 of 54
robadams321
Guide

Hello SPPED,
Please let me know if the update worked. I am going to my place in 2 days and would like to know if I should try the update or just return it.
Thanks,
adams321.
Message 31 of 54
SPPED
Aspirant

Will let you know.

Message 32 of 54
SPPED
Aspirant

Had no issues last night. Stayed connected all night and did not turn off. Not saying it'll work for you but so far the one night experiment worked. It was only one night though so jury is still out.

Message 33 of 54
robadams321
Guide

Thanks for the update. Originally mine stayed on overnight as well but shut off the next night, so we will wait and see.

I am updating mine tomorrow so I will let you know.

Keep me posted.

Thanks.

Message 34 of 54
robadams321
Guide

Hi SPPED. Is your M6 still staying on? I just updated the firmware and am testing now. Fingers crossed.
Message 35 of 54
SPPED
Aspirant

Has not turned off since update

Message 36 of 54
Tarek133
Aspirant

I have that issue with my M6 Pro, and firmware update hasn’t solved the issue. When I contacted netgear, they asked me to send it back & they sent a replacement. The replacement also had the same issue. I wonder if a fix to that problem is found. Coz that device should be the Rolls Royce of hotspots considering its price tag, but unfortunately it isn’t. I mean it gives impressive speeds, until it decides to turn itself off and everything goes down. And the only way to power it back on is to either remove the battery if you’re using it with the battery or to plug it off from power if you’re using it in AC mode…
Message 37 of 54
robadams321
Guide

The firmware update fixed mine. It no longer shuts off. Make sure the new FW version is 10.04.22.00.
Good luck!
Message 38 of 54
M6issues
Aspirant

Telstra purchased M6 Pro (MR6500) here. Dropping the Internet randomly and only get it back after a reboot or by making a config change. This unit is built into my 4WD and should be set and forget.

Went back to the Telstra shop, got a replacement unit doing exactly the same!

The 10.04.22.00 FW is not available for this unit?

For such an expensive unit I would have expected better!

When will the new FW be available in Australia?

Message 39 of 54
nnam
Aspirant

just bought the nighthawk m6 pro from ATT less than 2weeks ago . it appears to have a mind of its own , shuts down and disconnects when it chooses . battery has been removed , wifi is set to never - in standby mode  .

att charges a $50 re-stocking fee to return it to store , Att sends you round a  never ending circuit  after 2hrs - I had finally drop the phone 

Message 40 of 54
Bry8890
Aspirant

I have had my M6 Nighthawk pro for several months with no issues after I replaced my original which was doing the same thing. My software is up to date and the wifi is set to never turn off however it just recently started randomly turning its self-off just like the one I previously had was doing. And it is steadily getting worse. I've had to reboot it twice in the last hour now. With this being the only viable internet option available right now I really how that Net Gear has come up with some sort of solution for this issue by now.

Message 41 of 54
Bry8890
Aspirant

Did you ever manage to find an actual solution to this problem?

Message 42 of 54
robadams321
Guide

My Nighthawk has been working fine since the firmware update.

Message 43 of 54
Bry8890
Aspirant

Is that the same as the regular software update or do I need to download something for it?

Message 44 of 54
Chaox
Aspirant

I am looking for the updated firmware as well.. device from Australia Telstra.

is very annoying that we need to keep restarting the device to make it works again. 

@JohnPeng can you please let me know where can i get the latest firmware? why do we need to wait for the telco to approve the firmware? with such a redundant approval process. it going to take ages to get out device fixed. 

Message 45 of 54
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@Bry8890 wrote:

Is that the same as the regular software update or do I need to download something for it?

It depends on your device SKU and current FW on the device. Please send the model.json file and mention your community ID in your email.

Thanks

John

Message 46 of 54
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@Chaox wrote:

I am looking for the updated firmware as well.. device from Australia Telstra.

is very annoying that we need to keep restarting the device to make it works again. 

@JohnPeng can you please let me know where can i get the latest firmware? why do we need to wait for the telco to approve the firmware? with such a redundant approval process. it going to take ages to get out device fixed. 

Carrier approval is required before Netgear can release the new update.

Please email me your model.json file at jopeng@netgear.com and mention your Community ID in the email 

Thanks

John

Message 47 of 54
Chaox
Aspirant

Hi @JohnPeng  

Please check your email. I had sent the model.json and also attached my community ID.

Please assist urgently. Thanks!

Message 48 of 54
JT240Z
Luminary

Has AT&T approved the new firmware updates that fix so many issues with the MR6500?  I have considered purchasing an MR6500 for use on AT&T's network, but would never do so unless the reported issues have been resolved.

If no issues resolved, I may consider purchasing an Inseego device instead.

Message 49 of 54
Neptunus
Aspirant

Hi @JohnPeng 

I have a NightHawk M6 Pro with Telstra where in Australia.

Same thing keeps happening - turns itself off. Plugged into the wall, battery out.

Firmware Version : NTGX65_10.01.38.00

Data usage screen unavailable to give me information

I get an error when trying to check for software updates - "There was a problem updating your device, please try again later"

Pretty poor for such an expensive device that it keeps happening to everyone. Fully agree Telstra have zero ability to provide technical support, they hopeless (to put it nicely).. 

What is the next steps to get a firmware update?

Thanks

Message 50 of 54
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7