× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk M6 carrier band aggregation

Nettywork
Aspirant

Nighthawk M6 carrier band aggregation

I have the Nighthawk M6 (X62 modem) on T-Mobile. I consistently get 5G UC indicated. However in the network advanced info I always see LTE bands like LTE B2 listed as the current radio band and not a 5G band. Is this showing all of the bands I’m connected to or just the primary band? Is there a way to see all of the bands we are connected to - where would the secondary band show if the X62 modem is doing carrier band aggregation across multiple bands? I’m under the impression that this device with the X62 inside can aggregate multiple bands across LTE and aggregate 2 or 3 5G bands (have seen some discrepancy whether it’s 2 or 3 on X62) - correct me if I’m wrong. Thanks all.
Message 1 of 2
Nettywork
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk M6 carrier band aggregation

Doing some speed tests, although the current band is only showing LTE B2, I’m getting 650mbps down and 70mbps up. This must be doing carrier aggregation (B2 + some other band), but the secondary band(s) are not shown…? IMO it should be a high priority to update firmware/web admin interface to show the secondary band(s) to see what’s going on, verify proper operation, and troubleshooting. Apologize if I’m missing something. Thanks all.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7