× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Orbi NBR750 5G router

Nexus0391
Aspirant

Orbi NBR750 5G router

I have the NBR750 5G Orbi router and I cannot for the life of me get it to update the firmware even though the support site shows a newer version available. On my router, it's showing the last 2 numbers as .50 but on the support site it shows a firmware version .66. I have tried both updating through the orbi app, and manually by downloading the firmware to my PC then manually installing through 192.168.1.1 with no success. The router has also been factory reset but still nothing.
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi NBR750 5G router

what error does it give you when you try the update? 

Message 2 of 5
Nexus0391
Aspirant

It just tells me that the update failed to please check my file and that's it. Even tried deleting the downloaded file and re-downloading with the same result
Message 3 of 5
Nexus0391
Aspirant

Also here's a snapshot of my firmware update page and the firmware version at the top so that's why I say it looks still out of date since the support site shows a version ending in .66
Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

A couple things. 

1. are you making sure you extract the download prior to uploading it to the router? 

2. maybe try going to the .63 or .64 version. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7