× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Please Help! I need firmware ntgx55_12.04.12.00

HowaC
Follower

Please Help! I need firmware ntgx55_12.04.12.00

My MR5100 freezes. I Need to reinstall the NTGX55_12.04.12.00 firmware but can't find this file. Does anyone have the NTGX55_12.04.12.00 firmware file?

My device SKU is MR5100-1TLAUS

Current firmware version is NTGX55_12.04.12.00

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions

all of the 12. firmware is bad. netgear refuses to allow end users / owners access to backing up/exporting existing firmware. netgear refuses to share any and all firmware updates from their servers. T2/T3 Engineers do not recommend loading any old firmware. Customers are allowed only to update. Netgear does not have a policy to support customers rights to firmware. In the event of testing an update and experiencing equipment failure Engineers rights supercede customer rights. Netgear will blame your Mobile data service provider before they ever send you a copy of an .spk file to roll back your router with. That is my personal experience with being a MR1100 and MR6150 owner who is not happy with the 12. release. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
Chad5
Aspirant

I apologize for the inconvenience you're facing with your MR5100 router. To resolve the freezing issue and reinstall the firmware, you should typically obtain the firmware file from the official support channels provided by the router manufacturer or your Internet Service Provider (ISP) if the router was provided by them.

Here's what you can do:

1. Manufacturer's Website: Visit the official website of the router's manufacturer. In this case, it appears to be Netgear. Look for the support or downloads section of the website where firmware updates and related files are usually provided.

2. Contact Netgear Support: If you can't find the specific firmware version you're looking for on their website, you can contact Netgear's customer support. They should be able to provide you with the correct firmware file and guidance on how to reinstall it.

3. Check Your ISP: If your MR5100 router was provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), they might have customized firmware for it. In such cases, it's advisable to contact your ISP's support for assistance with firmware updates or troubleshooting.

4. Online Community and Forums: Some online communities and forums dedicated to networking and Netgear products might have users who have shared firmware files or can guide you on where to find them. However, it's crucial to exercise caution when downloading files from unofficial sources to avoid security risks.

5. Factory Reset: As a last resort, you can try performing a factory reset on your MR5100 router to see if it resolves the freezing issue. Keep in mind that this will erase all your custom settings, so make sure to back up any important configurations before proceeding.

Remember that updating firmware can be a critical process for the proper functioning of your router. Ensure that you follow the manufacturer's instructions carefully to avoid any potential issues or disruptions to your network.

Message 2 of 3

all of the 12. firmware is bad. netgear refuses to allow end users / owners access to backing up/exporting existing firmware. netgear refuses to share any and all firmware updates from their servers. T2/T3 Engineers do not recommend loading any old firmware. Customers are allowed only to update. Netgear does not have a policy to support customers rights to firmware. In the event of testing an update and experiencing equipment failure Engineers rights supercede customer rights. Netgear will blame your Mobile data service provider before they ever send you a copy of an .spk file to roll back your router with. That is my personal experience with being a MR1100 and MR6150 owner who is not happy with the 12. release. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7