× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Private 5G connection issue once MR6150 is allowed to upgrade to firmware NTGX65_12.01.47.00

mwehner
Aspirant

Private 5G connection issue once MR6150 is allowed to upgrade to firmware NTGX65_12.01.47.00

Just started testing the router and out of the box I was able to just put in the proper APN information and the device connected with no issues.  But when I allowed the router to update to NTGX65_12.01.47.00 I was no longer able to connect to our Private 5G network.  My guess is the newer firmware has black listed 5G SA, but not sure.

Does anyone know how to roll back the firmware?  I did try a factory reset but it kept the new firmware.

thank you

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Private 5G connection issue once MR6150 is allowed to upgrade to firmware NTGX65_12.01.47.00

@mwehner wrote:

Just started testing the router and out of the box I was able to just put in the proper APN information and the device connected with no issues.  But when I allowed the router to update to NTGX65_12.01.47.00 I was no longer able to connect to our Private 5G network.  My guess is the newer firmware has black listed 5G SA, but not sure.

Does anyone know how to roll back the firmware?  I did try a factory reset but it kept the new firmware.

thank you

Yes. In the new release, 5G SA is disabled. Could you please contact me directly for using the device in Private 5G network. My email is jopeng@netgear.com. Please mention your community ID in the email for easy tracking.

Thanks

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Private 5G connection issue once MR6150 is allowed to upgrade to firmware NTGX65_12.01.47.00

@mwehner wrote:

thank you

Yes. In the new release, 5G SA is disabled. Could you please contact me directly for using the device in Private 5G network. My email is jopeng@netgear.com. Please mention your community ID in the email for easy tracking.

Thanks

Message 2 of 3
mwehner
Aspirant

Thank you for your quick help and response.  The solution worked perfectly!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7