× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

SMS Alerts Issue

jamcc
Aspirant

SMS Alerts Issue

I just purchased and set up a new LM1300 LTE Modem (Note: The forum would not accept LM1300 for the associated products field, perhaps the newer model isn't updated in that pick list yet?).

It works exactly as expected. However, one thing I am finding is that the SMS alerts are not being received, despite the configuration looking correct to send on failover and other notable events from the device.

I am in the US, and my format is normally (area code) (7-digits), but I have also tried it with 1 (area code) (7 digits), and sending to two different numbers I have, and both are not receiving the text alerts.

I've looked and there seems to be no firmware updates for the LM1300 at present, so I'm not sure how to go about troubleshooting this further.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: SMS Alerts Issue

Please check with your carrier to see whether your SIM card has SMS service. Some data only SIM cards don't support SMS.

Thanks

John

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Please check with your carrier to see whether your SIM card has SMS service. Some data only SIM cards don't support SMS.

Thanks

John

Message 2 of 3
jamcc
Aspirant

If the modem is using the SMS of the SIM to send the text then that could be the issue. For some reason, I was thinking it bounced the message through something at Netgear to send it.

Maybe there could be a feature enhancement - allow alerrting via email, configure a quick SMTP (with TLS/SSL of course to keep Google happy), and send the alert via email.

Thanks John.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7