× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: SSID Nighthawk M6 model MR6110

tiffanieee56
Aspirant

SSID Nighthawk M6 model MR6110

Hi...when you hide your SSID how would I now get to it to sign in and use it?  Do you go to where it says "other networks" and put it in manually?

Also these forums are very new to me so if I mess up please forgive me....

I got a response from a prior question and I dont know how to get back to it to thank that person for helping me....dont mean to confuse anyone.  Thank you!

Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

@tiffanieee56 wrote:

Hi...when you hide your SSID how would I now get to it to sign in and use it?  Do you go to where it says "other networks" and put it in manually?

yes. Type the network name manually, as it is made hidden and can't be selected therefore. Curious: What was the ide behind hiding the SSID? It's cumbersome for connecting new devices, and it does not add any security.

Message 2 of 4
tiffanieee56
Aspirant

I think my neighbor hacks me ...but I can never find her...is there one simple answer to secure my network...she is a cheap scrounging thief and she is better at this than me apparently...I cant take it anymore...the other thing is is there a business that I could hire to educate me on all this stuff?  

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

You don't need to hide your ssid. In fact, the peop;le who are going to be the ones getting on it, can find it easily enough. You just need a good ssid password that she can't guess using wpa2/wpa3 (if the mr6110 has wpa3)

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7