× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Software Update for MR6500-1A1NAS

helix919
Tutor

Software Update for MR6500-1A1NAS

Good day,

I am trying to get my unlocked AT&T M6 Pro to update its software.  I have had two persistent issues with this device.

1:  I can't run without the battery installed.  I plugin a USB-C cable to power the device and it goes in to a boot loop never getting past the "NETGEAR" initial screen.

2:  I see on other people's devices they have the option to "check for new firmware", I don't My device has only ever said

Firmware Version

NTGX65_10.01.4700

Current software is up to date

I know this isn't true as I. have read about Version 12.x software and others.  My main question is how can I force this device go and download new firmware?  I have tried resetting the device to factory several times.  I no longer use an AT&T SIM in this device, but a T-Mobile (I also have a Verizon 5G SIM I can use too).  But regardless of having a SIM installed in the device (and working on the installed SIMs Cellular network) Or if I remove the SIM and set the device up to use the Ethernet for Offload, nothing I do seems to allow the device to go look for a new firmware.  

What can I do???

Thank You.....

Message 1 of 2
JBish
Aspirant

Re: Software Update for MR6500-1A1NAS

ATT phones etc require an ATT sim to receive software updates. Possibly check a friend that has an ATT device and pop sim in them, or grab a prepaid ATT sim. That's one disadvantage of an unlocked carrier device on other service providers. I have seen both your described issues. Mine were fixed with firmware updates.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7