× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Telstra M6 Pro cannot connect to firmware server

Gbear1984
Tutor

Telstra M6 Pro cannot connect to firmware server

Hi,

anyone is getting this error when trying to reach Telstra M6 Pro firmware server, to try to get an update? this is my first time seeing this and its been like this for almost 2 weeks.

I believe Telstra suppose to come up with a updated firmware which will activate the 5G SA capability according to @JohnPeng 

but there is nothing at all. my device is pretty useless and not able to fully utilise to its fullest. quite disappointed

Message 1 of 6
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@Gbear1984 wrote:

Hi,

anyone is getting this error when trying to reach Telstra M6 Pro firmware server, to try to get an update? this is my first time seeing this and its been like this for almost 2 weeks.

I believe Telstra suppose to come up with a updated firmware which will activate the 5G SA capability according to @JohnPeng 

but there is nothing at all. my device is pretty useless and not able to fully utilise to its fullest. quite disappointed

Telstra maintenance release is in final approval of RCM. Plan to release it some time next week if everything goes well.

Yes. SA will be enabled in the new release.

Thanks

John

Message 2 of 6
itsonlymarco
Aspirant

Same issue, my M6 Pro is stuck with a very old firmware from a year ago. Problem is I do not live in AU and I have made a huge mistake buying it outright from there. 

Any news about the firmware release and will it download from the UK with a sim from vodafone?

thanks

Message 3 of 6
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@itsonlymarco wrote:

Same issue, my M6 Pro is stuck with a very old firmware from a year ago. Problem is I do not live in AU and I have made a huge mistake buying it outright from there. 

Any news about the firmware release and will it download from the UK with a sim from vodafone?

thanks

Telstra is going to issue technical approval for the maintenance release next week. I will let you know when the release is posted online for upgrade.

Thanks

Message 4 of 6
Gbear1984
Tutor

Hi John Peng, 

Managed to download the new firmware!

however, still not able to get any 5G connections with the new firmware.

Should restore again or something I might not have done correctly?

Thank you!

Message 5 of 6
itsonlymarco
Aspirant

After receiving the firmware update OTA, the wi-fi dual band is acting up, and it can no longer broadcast dual band.

It is either 2.4 or 5/6 GHz

I have spent 10 hours trying every single configuration and keep restoring to default, but every time I click on the dual-band button, it simply adds "2.4GHz" to the SID and kills the 5G or 6G band, that comes back only if I go back to 5G or 6G only.

I tried 100 of different variations, with/without offlloading, with/without usb, guest network,and every thing else available on webUI app and directly on the touch screen.

This thing costed me a fortune and I can't get it to have the most simple dual band setup! 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series