× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Telstra Netgear M6 Pro not connecting to N78

Gbear1984
Tutor

Telstra Netgear M6 Pro not connecting to N78

Hi need some advise on what I can do or approach this matter.

I have purchased 2 M6 Pro from Telstra and occasionally I will will travel between Singapore and Australia. However when I put in Singapore (SingTel) 5G sim which they support N78 band. But no matter what I do like reset and restart and go to different location. M6 Pro just unable to get onto the 5G network.

Is this got to do with firmware or something. Or is there a global firmware I can download and use instead?

I remember when I first got the m1 router, there were Beta testing on firmwares where we can request to be part of the program. Is there such for M6 Pro?

Thank you so much!
Message 1 of 7
igorjrr
Guide

Re: Telstra Netgear M6 Pro not connecting to N78

Netgear M6 is an unfinished product put on the market in a rush, for a premium price. You, I and all other customers are actually testers.

I would advise returning it if it's possible, as defective. Otherwise, I'm sorry, but you wasted your money buying a Netgear M6.

Message 2 of 7
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@Gbear1984 wrote:
Hi need some advise on what I can do or approach this matter.

I have purchased 2 M6 Pro from Telstra and occasionally I will will travel between Singapore and Australia. However when I put in Singapore (SingTel) 5G sim which they support N78 band. But no matter what I do like reset and restart and go to different location. M6 Pro just unable to get onto the 5G network.

Is this got to do with firmware or something. Or is there a global firmware I can download and use instead?

I remember when I first got the m1 router, there were Beta testing on firmwares where we can request to be part of the program. Is there such for M6 Pro?

Thank you so much!

Do you know what LTE bands used in Singapore? Current Telstra release doesn't have SA enabled. In the coming maintenance release, SA will be enabled. Do you know SingTel can support n78 SA?

Thanks

John

Message 3 of 7
Gbear1984
Tutor

Hi John,

Thanks for that piece of informations. Yes currently Singtel only operates on SA 5G. probably that's why. appreciated that

Any idea how long or when they will release or unlock that feature? understand it is catered for Telstra, but Telstra user who are travelling with the device isn't helping them.

Thank you! 

Message 4 of 7
Gbear1984
Tutor

Hi John,

I saw from another trend talking about M6 Unlock version is in development. Can I check that if the firmware can be applied to my current one or I have to buy a unlock version when Netgear release?

Also current, it seem like to check and update the firmware, it requires Telstra network to do so. cannot be done over Wifi.

Able to advise?

Thank you

Message 5 of 7
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@Gbear1984 wrote:

Hi John,

Thanks for that piece of informations. Yes currently Singtel only operates on SA 5G. probably that's why. appreciated that

Any idea how long or when they will release or unlock that feature? understand it is catered for Telstra, but Telstra user who are travelling with the device isn't helping them.

Thank you! 

Telstra is testing the MR release right now with SA enabled. We expect the official release will be early May.

Thanks

John

Message 6 of 7
Gbear1984
Tutor

Hi John,

Seem like until now there is still no firmware updates. Any idea what is going on?

Thank you!

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7