× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

VPN - Nighthawk m6 pro

Vetch
Tutor

VPN - Nighthawk m6 pro

Hello , iim looking for someone advice on adding open VPN on the nighthawk m6 pro . Is it possible? If not is it possible to add any vpn to the device
Thanks.
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: VPN - Nighthawk m6 pro

usually adding a vpn to a router requires 3rd party firmware to be installed and 3rd party firmware is rare (to non-existent) on hotspots. 

some travel routers (not hotspots) support them but usually you have to connected the hotspot to them. 

I use a gl.inet travel router and have a vpn installed on it. You could do something like that and use the M6 as just a mobile modem and the gl.inet as the router. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
plemans
Guru

most devices can use/have a vpn. 

there are paid services that you simple install a app/program to your device.

or you can use the free ones that are more user intensive. 

Just look up your device in google for "vpn android" "vpn apple" 

And there'll be a bunch you can choose from to look for device specific vpns. 

Message 2 of 7
Vetch
Tutor

Hi thanks for the reply, I do have a vpn paid subscription but I’m not sure how to add it to the nighthawk m6 pro or if it’s possible to add a vpn , normally you can add a open vpn file but I don’t see anything in settings, I did look on YouTube but found nothing about adding a vpn to the m6 pro .
Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

To add it to most routers/hotspots, it has to be compatible. 

What VPN do you pay for? 
It might not be possible to install it to the M6 but just installing it to the devices you connect

Message 4 of 7
Vetch
Tutor

I use NordVPN and I also have ip vanish.. I just thought for the price of the m6 pro it would have the ability to add a vpn.
Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

usually adding a vpn to a router requires 3rd party firmware to be installed and 3rd party firmware is rare (to non-existent) on hotspots. 

some travel routers (not hotspots) support them but usually you have to connected the hotspot to them. 

I use a gl.inet travel router and have a vpn installed on it. You could do something like that and use the M6 as just a mobile modem and the gl.inet as the router. 

Message 6 of 7
Vetch
Tutor

Definitely will look into the gl.inet travel router
Thanks for your time and advice 👍
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 2 in conversation