× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: When are we getting NEW firmware for the Nighthawk M1?

Alkhaldi_1
Aspirant

When are we getting NEW firmware for the Nighthawk M1?

I have netgear mr1100 running on NTG9X50C_10.12.02.01 i cannot update it itried all method you could thing about by app some time it stuck in zero and somtimes error the strange thing my bro's has one also we are in same region and same sim card his device came with the same ver of mine and then he update by app to (NTG9X50C_10.16.04.04 )it's stable but ethernet doesn't work at all as you am still stucked on this old firmware( NTG9X50C_10.12.02.01 ) can any one help from netger 

What a shame from netgear i went to download cend and i typed mr1100 and nothing found to update 

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (AU)
Message 1 of 9
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Alkhaldi_1,

I see you are having issues with updating your M1. Let me have my internal team take a look at this and will update you when I get information from them.

Thank you :]

- Jason N

Message 2 of 9
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Alkhaldi_1,

Just checking in on you and seeing if you had this issued resolved.

Please let me know. :]

- Jason N

Message 3 of 9
Alkhaldi_1
Aspirant

No still stuck on this damn update NTG9X50C_10.12.02.01
Message 4 of 9
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Alkhaldi_1,

Thank you for your response. I will update you when I have any information from my internal team.

- Jason N

Message 5 of 9
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Alkhaldi_1,

My internal team is asking if you have done a factory reset before trying to update the firmware. If not, Please proceed with those steps.

- Jason N

Message 6 of 9
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Alkhaldi_1,

I just wanted to check in with you and see if your proceeded with the step I provided.

- Jason N

Message 7 of 9
PepitoBird
Aspirant

Our company bought two Nighthawk M1 units from Telstra, both had old firmware with the ethernet standby issue.

One unit upgraded to the current firmware online find but the other is stuck on 10.16.04.04 and refuses to update ... tried everything including soft and hard factory resets, different SIM card.

Also tried updating via the mobile app but no dice, doesn't detect the new version.

And stupidly it appears Netgear don't make the latest firmware available on their website so I haven't been able to update the unit manually.

I'd rather not go through the hassle of returning the unit so anybody here know where the new firmware can be downloaded from?

TIA

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (AU)
Message 8 of 9
BeAuMaN
Tutor

@PepitoBird

There is no firmware download or manual update option available. The M1 can only download firmware automatically, or via the update firmware option in the firemware menu, which then downloads automatically from your Service Provider. This is something that's been griped about for a while, since a router is not a consumer-simple-device like a cell phone, and therefore we should have the option to download firmware updates ourselves and get firmware patch notes. But this is not the arrangement (Assuming Telestra has the same warranty agreement as AT&T, only they can handle warranty issues, not Netgear).

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7