Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: History and Filter No Longer Working for R7000 Circle

h3af
Aspirant

History and Filter No Longer Working for R7000 Circle

Hi

Circle no longer records history and filter not working, although it had been working perfectly for months (I can still pause the internet on devices).

I have a Circle bundled with the Netgear Nighthawk R7000 Premium monthly subscription.

>Circle 1st Gen. App: iOS version 2.1.12 (873)

>Nighthawk R7000 AC1900:

• Firmware version: V1.0.11.123_10.2.100
  • Circle Parental Control Info:
    • Agent Version: 2.3.0.1 
    • App Database Version: 2.15.2

My network map is as follow:

• Nighthawk R7000 AC1900 as main router with DHCP enabled
  • Nighthawk Netgear X4 Mesh AC2200 (EX7300) as Extender/AP

I have tried all solutions below, but nothing has fixed the issue:

• Restore Circle's configuration from the backup
  • Reset Circle
  • Disable Parent Control and enabled it again (via Circle app/direclty)
  • Reinstall the Circle application
  • Reboot the R7000
  • Tested with the R7000 only and within Extender and AP modes
  • Check and follow advices in Netgear Missing Usage or History Issues page

Please help

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Try factory resetting the Router and setup from  scratch? 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Try factory resetting the Router and setup from  scratch? 

Message 2 of 10
h3af
Aspirant

the router initialization is the operation I always avoided to do as I have to setup everything from scratch.
Well, if this is really the only solution, then I guess I have no choice.
I'll wait another 2 days if there are other proposals, otherwise I'll go for it...

thanks Furry

Message 3 of 10
h3af
Aspirant

I couldn't wait any longer, I launched the reset-factory of the router and spent hours reconfiguring everything.

After reinstalling Circle, it was able to generate the history now but with another issue: a tracking time-zone difference of -6 hours.

I followed the advice of this Netgear website “Managing Circle's Timezone Settings” to let Circle's time zone adjusted but no change, still a gap of -6 hours (I think Circle is set to Central America, while my device is set to France/Paris).

Also the bedtime follows the same logic, for a bedtime stop at 9pm, so I am forced to set it to 3pm.

I've never installed/reinstalled an application as much as I did with Circle.

I'm becoming frustrated...

I think I need to look elsewhere than Circle to protect my family properly and without complication.

Message 4 of 10
WeNeedMorePower
Aspirant

I have almost the exact same setup and I've been experiencing the exact same problems.

The Circle isn't showing any internet usage or history, even though the router is still showing regular usage in the logs.

Basically the Circle isn't performing any of it's functions anymore.  No limits, no bedtimes.

I reset the Circle and started everything over about 2 months ago.  That lasted about 2 weeks before it stopped working again.

I reset it again and that time it lasted about 4 days.

Now I've tried everything within the Circle and within the router that I can think of and nothing has the Circle working again.

A router firmware check showed that it was up to date, but I did a manual check and was able to find updates which I then installed manually.  No change.

The only thing I haven't done yet is a full reset of the router, which I don't want to do because of the extensive amount of work to set everything back up.

Anyone have any other ideas on what to do to get the Circle (which I'm still paying monthly for) back up and running?

Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Just a possible subposition, there has been a world wide internet outage in past 24 hour. Possible could be effect some NG services. 

https://www.aol.com/finance/finiancial-times-york-times-bloomberg-101229475-112001774.html

Message 6 of 10
WeNeedMorePower
Aspirant

I don't think any internet outage is involved as this has been a problem for a month now, not just the last 24 hours.

The original problem for me started about 2 months ago but I was able to get it going again.

It has been completely down for me for the past month.  Circle shows no usage or history on any profiles.

In looking through the community forum there are several posting about people that no longer have their Circle working.

Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

I know that for some models, NG is moveing to the new Smart Parental controls. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Smart-Home-Parental/bd-p/en-home-smart-parental-controls

Not sure if this would be effecting the R7000 series router. Possible that NG has given up on the R7000 series for support. 

Message 8 of 10
V_Tse
Aspirant

Same problem. 

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

I know that for some models, NG is moveing to the new Smart Parental controls. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Smart-Home-Parental/bd-p/en-home-smart-parental-controls

Not sure if this would be effecting the R7000 series router. Possible that NG has given up on the R7000 series for support. 

@V_Tse wrote:

Same problem. 

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7