Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

very little internet accessibility with circle enabled just started this month

Wildhockey
Aspirant

very little internet accessibility with circle enabled just started this month

Using my circle app on my night hawk router I have notice that I unable to access most websites in the last few weeks. I have tired moving my devise to unmanaged and it did not change the results. I cannot even access a simple internet speed test. When I turn of Circle on my router everything works as it should. I have checked updates, reset my router and modem. I don't want to run with parentals controls off as I have a house full of teens with devices. Any assistance would be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
Wildhockey
Aspirant

Re: very little internet accessibility with circle enabled just started this month

803G. Sorry the week got away from me. Circling back around on this now. The restart did seam to help little. Currently seam to be somewhat back to normal.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 11

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: very little internet accessibility with circle enabled just started this month

What NG router are you using? Nighthawk or Orbi?

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What platform is Circle installed on? Apple or Android? 

As a quick test, does internet services work good if you disable Circle? 

Message 2 of 11
Wildhockey
Aspirant

Yes I have it turned off at the moment only way I can get anything done. Even my kids school work won't load with my circle on. They had to have made a recent change or something. Pretty disappointed right now. I don't want my kids having unfiltered access to the Internet.
Message 3 of 11
Wildhockey
Aspirant

Modem model number: 100-04255 10
Calix GigaPoint from TDS
Router model number: NightHawk R700p
Firmware 1.3.2.124
Message 4 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

What NG router are you using? Nighthawk or Orbi?

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What platform is Circle installed on? Apple or Android? 

Message 5 of 11
Wildhockey
Aspirant

I have done this in that order but I will give it another shot later today when I get home. I forgot to mention the circle app I'm using is on Android.
Message 6 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 7 of 11
Wildhockey
Aspirant

Yes thank you for the reminder, I have done that on all our phones but forgot to do that on my daughters new apple. App version is 2.1.12.1 on my android pixel 7
Message 8 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 9 of 11
Wildhockey
Aspirant

803g from TDS on their Fiber network
Message 10 of 11
Wildhockey
Aspirant

803G. Sorry the week got away from me. Circling back around on this now. The restart did seam to help little. Currently seam to be somewhat back to normal.
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7