Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

2.4G WiFi Signal Dropouts - D7000v2

batfastard
Follower

2.4G WiFi Signal Dropouts - D7000v2

Hi guys,

Some advice please,

Unit is a D7000v2, firmware version V1.0.0.44_1.0.1.

Yes I've tried to upgrade firmware to V1.0.0.45_1.0.1 and like everyone else it doesn't stick.

The problem I'm seeing is that wifi will continually drop out, on main AND guest networks, on both 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ bands.

I've performed a hard reset, I've tried limiting the mode to 289mbps on both bands, and I'm still seeing dropouts.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6

Re: 2.4G WiFi Signal Dropouts - D7000v2

Sounds like you may have been hit by two bugs.

The firmware one is progressing.

D7000v2 firmware update v1.0.0.45 will NOT install - NETGEAR Communities

The other one sounds like variant of something that, if you use Chromecast, Google has given us all as a belated Christmas present:

Nighthawk D7000 2.4Ghz WiFi issues - NETGEAR Communities

Different model. Same disease.

Message 2 of 6
Hugoz
Aspirant

I seem to have fixed this after months of endless problems. Dropping out constantly and often telling various devices that their passwords were suddenly wrong. I've gone from almost 200 dropouts a day to running perfectly. This is what I done -

update all Google operating systems to the latest version

update all Google casting devices to latest firmware

update all Google home apps to latest firmware

use a wired connection and manually update router drivers from here

http://kb.netgear.com/000053206

Hope this works for you

hugo z

i think just updating all Google home apps may have been the fix so it might be worth just trying that first ?

Message 3 of 6

I have a firestick... would this be similar to the cromecast bug?? I have the same issue as the origional poster-- even posted my own post so Netgear gets flooded with these complaints (if they even read these boards). 

wrote:

I seem to have fixed this after months of endless problems. Dropping out constantly and often telling various devices that their passwords were suddenly wrong. I've gone from almost 200 dropouts a day to running perfectly. This is what I done -

update all Google operating systems to the latest version

update all Google casting devices to latest firmware

update all Google home apps to latest firmware

use a wired connection and manually update router drivers from here

http://kb.netgear.com/000053206

Hope this works for you

hugo z

i think just updating all Google home apps may have been the fix so it might be worth just trying that first ?

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 6

Has Google actually put out all those fixes? I have seen conflicting reports on this. It missed its first self-imposed deadline.

It may be hard to believe but if anything Google has been even less communicative than Netgear on this issue.

Message 5 of 6

I will try that out as well—thank you for pointing out Nest—I have the nest thermostat as well as a Firestick
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7