Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

App for blocking devices

Streaky
Aspirant

App for blocking devices

Hello, this is my first post here.  I have searched on the web and this forum before deciding to ask my question.  My last router was an Asus and they have a great Android app that lets me do lots of things from my sofa.  In particular I was abopt to put the fear of God into my son because I could block his access to the web without getting up.  I know I can do it as admin on the router itsefl, but that's not what I want.  I have Genie, which is great.  It appears to allow me to block devices via the Network Map, and even indicates that are blocked, but they do not get blocked.  I also have Fing, which doesn't allow blocking (so far as I can see).  I know some models allow app control to this extent, but does anyone know of an Android app that allows me to block devices through my D7800 (that's what it's called on my UK documentation)?

Thank you.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 3
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: App for blocking devices

unfortunately netgear has Genie and if that isn't working for you may need to go back to a ASUS router. Have you tried the parental controls APP?

http://www.netgear.com/lpc?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

Message 2 of 3
Streaky
Aspirant

Re: App for blocking devices

Thank you.  My Asus router is now busy bridging under my bed!  I don't want to control which sites anyone can get to.  I just want to block access to individual devices on an ad hoc basis not to a specific timetable.  I guess if that was possible then someone here would know.

Streaky

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7