Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Bug with Summer time in some time zones.

bryonbaker
Aspirant

Bug with Summer time in some time zones.

Hi,

There is a bug with time zones in the DGND3700v2. I am using firmware version V1.1.00.26_1.00.26.

Daylight Savings (Summer) time has started in Melbourne Australia (GMT+10) and the Router has not picked this up despite "Automatically adjust for daylight savings time" being checked. I suspect this is because once upon a time Melbourne changed time zones from the last Sunday of October to the first Sunday - but no more (we also changed when we finish Summer time.)

This means that the wirless schedule is not working properly.

I have worked around it by adjusting the schedule, but it would be nice if the router bug was fixed to handle timezones in Summer time properly.

I looked and can't find a support site for logging bugs so hopefully NetGear are trolling this site. 🙂

Model: DGND3700v2|N600 WIRELESS DUAL BAND GIGABIT ADSL2+ MODEM ROUTER
Message 1 of 2

Re: Bug with Summer time in some time zones.

@bryonbaker wrote:
despite "Automatically adjust for daylight savings time" being checked.

Try turning that off. Maybe the time server is adjusting for summer time.

This is not a guarantee that it will work correctly. Another Australian has tried both options and still gets the wrong time. Another antipodean lives in an unsupported XX:30 time zone.

Maybe Netgear has something about Australians.

This is the rubric in some manuals:

If the modem router synchronized its internal clock with a time server on the Internet and you selected the correct time zone, the Current Time field displays the correct date and time.

Can you pick a neighbouring timezone to see if you can fool the modem into moving house?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7