Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CM2000 enable extended upstream transmit power

craigkinsel
Aspirant

CM2000 enable extended upstream transmit power

So I bought the new Netgear CM2000 2.5 modem for my Cox Gigablast home service.

I noticed a setting I can change and I'm wondering if I should.

The stuff I read about similar settings is just confusing.

It's a the bottom of picture and is labeled: enable extended upstream transmit power

It's off by default.

Do I want to enable it?

Thanks in advance.

Don

Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 11
plemans
Guru

Are you having issues? Then try it enabled. 

it basically lets the modem transmit at higher power levels. 

Message 2 of 11
craigkinsel
Aspirant

I am not having issues that I know of. I just got it up and running last night. I was going through the settings and saw that option.

Don
Message 3 of 11
plemans
Guru

Most people don't need it. Its more if you have extended runs, splitters in line, or anything that decreases your signal back to the isp's hub. 

Message 4 of 11
Nano_Pico
Guide

I just installed my CM2000 today on Xfinitiy and that option was toggled on when I logged into the modem. 

Message 5 of 11

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers about your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Cable Modems & Routers

Message 6 of 11
Orlandosk2
Aspirant

Where are you guys purchasing the CM2000? I can’t find it anywhere!
Message 7 of 11

@Orlandosk2 wrote:
Where are you guys purchasing the CM2000? I can’t find it anywhere!

Something really odd is going on in the modem market.It is now almost impossibe to nbuy a Netgear modem only box. DSL modems and cable modems have gone AWOL from most markets. Even Nergear's on-line shops have no stock.

When I wanted a second DM200 I was lucky enough to find an unused "open box" specimen on eBay. The packaging was as new, with all the cling film protection. It looked very much like the manufacturer had dumped its stock.

Since then supplies have dried up and prices have gone through the roof. Your best bet might be to go for something second hand. If it works, you should be OK. After all, a modem is less complicated than a router.

Message 8 of 11
plemans
Guru

@michaelkenward I found that same situation with the DM200 when I was searching for my parents. I think its being fazed out but not for sure. 

The modems it'd seem to be a covid supply issue as both modems and routers have been in short supply lately. 

Message 9 of 11

@plemans wrote:

@michaelkenward I found that same situation with the DM200 when I was searching for my parents. I think its being fazed out but not for sure. 

But Netgear usually has a replacement device in the works before it phases out old stuff.

And looking at new releases in general, DSL modems simply do not feature.

Other brands are also thin on the ground.

Message 10 of 11
alanfca
Guide

I also just activated and installed CM2000 on Xfinity.  Option for enable extended upstream transmit power is checked and not user-changeable (can't click to change).  Looks like it was set by provisioning during setup by Xfinity.   I'm on gigabit service.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7