Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't access Router or Log in Page

txfreddy
Aspirant

Can't access Router or Log in Page

Hello - 

This is for router N600 (DGND3700v2).

It's been months (at least 12 months) since I last tried to access router login and it worked OK months ago.

Now, I tried to access it, but am getting the message when browsing to routerlogin.net or routerlogin.com 

"

You are not connected to your Router’s WiFi network. To access routerlogin.com, your device must be connected to your Router’s WiFi network. Check your current connection and try again."

I try to access http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1 in Chrome or IE and get:

"This page can't be displayed"...etc.

No log in page or panel ever appears.

I've reset/rebooted using the pin on the pack of the router, powered off and on multiple times. Powered PC (Windows 8.1) off and on. Still does not work.

I'm hard-wired using ethernet from router to PC.

Firewall is turned OFF via McAffee Total Protection

Super fast internet access works fine and OK. I can access all internet sites.

I've read all of the articles on this Community Forum and nothing works. Still cannot access the Router Login.

If I run ipconfig, no ip's with 192.168.x.x appear. I've tried 10.1.10.1 but that gets me to the Comcast login, NOT the router login page. 10.1.15.10 does not work either.

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : wp.comcast.net
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : E0-3F-49-44-B2-1B
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2603:300c:1b08:5900:b5f2:ee34:72c3:aed6(P
referred)
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2603:300c:1b08:5900:e23f:49ff:fe44:b21b(P
referred)
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Monday, December 26, 2016 1:33:00 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Monday, January 23, 2017 12:28:01 PM
Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : 2603:300c:1b08:5900:a4d4:fd2f:80a1:d4c7(P
referred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::b5f2:ee34:72c3:aed6%3(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 10.1.10.15(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Monday, December 26, 2016 1:32:57 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Monday, January 2, 2017 1:32:56 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::e6f4:c6ff:fe20:8f1b%3
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.1.10.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 65027913
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1A-88-F7-F3-E0-3F-49-44-B2-1B

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:558:feed::1
2001:558:feed::2
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

I can't ping 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1.

Help. Anyone have any ideas? I'm perplexed why this isn't working.

Thank you in advance.

Txfreddy

Message 1 of 15
StephenB
Guru

Re: Can't access Router or Log in Page

It looks like your router is configured to use 10.1.10.1 (not 192.168.x.x).

So try http://10.1.10.1

Message 2 of 15
txfreddy
Aspirant

Nope.

Already tried that http://10.1.10.1 as identified in my orignal post. It gets me to the COMCAST login page, NOT the router login page.

Message 3 of 15
txfreddy
Aspirant

And yes. I have checked, rechecked and reviewed all of the wiring.

The ethernet cable is coming direclty from the Netgear router to the PC. There are no other cables or wires coming from the modem or anything else.

Message 4 of 15
netwrks
Master

The DGND3700v2 is a DSL router / modem combo. Comcast is a cable network. Did you pruchase /rent the DGND3700v2 from Comcast?

Message 5 of 15
txfreddy
Aspirant

No, I didn't purchase or rent the Netgear router from Comcast. I purchased the router at the local electronics store.

DGSD3700v2 is what is printed, among many things, on the back of the NetGear N600 router.

Yes, I know Comcast is the cable network.

Message 6 of 15
StephenB
Guru

@txfreddy wrote:

Yes, I know Comcast is the cable network.

The point that @netwrks is making is that you can't use a DSL gateway/router like the DGSD3700v2 on a cable-modem network.  

You'd either need an ordinary router (connecting through a Comcast-supplied cable modem), or a cable modem router like the C3700.

EDIT- looking at the documention, you could connect the LAN output of the Comcast cable modem to the bottom WAN port on the router (the one that isn't yellow).  Is that what you've done?

Message 7 of 15
txfreddy
Aspirant

I've used this same router and modem for at least two years now. Never had a problem accessing the netlogin page until now.

I am NOT using any of the DSL ports on the router for anything.

Message 8 of 15
StephenB
Guru

@txfreddy wrote:

I've used this same router and modem for at least two years now. Never had a problem accessing the netlogin page until now.

I am NOT using any of the DSL ports on the router for anything.

My edit crossed your post.  I double-checked the router manual, and it does have a WAN gigabit port in addition to the DSL ports.

Even though 10.1.10.1 didn't reach the web ui, from your first post it is very clear that 10.1.10.1 is the router IP address.

What is the model number on the cable modem that you are connecting to?

Message 9 of 15
txfreddy
Aspirant

ARRIS - TM604G/CT

No cables or wires or anything was changed on the cable modem.

Message 10 of 15
StephenB
Guru

@txfreddy wrote:

ARRIS - TM604G/CT

No cables or wires or anything was changed on the cable modem.

Understood.

There are two puzzles here- one is why the address is range is 10.1.10.x, the other is why logging into 10.1.10.1 gets you to the cable modem login.  I'd have thought that you'd have remembered setting the router to use 10.1.10.x - that is not a range most Netgear routers would pick automatically.

One explanation that explains both puzzles:  perhaps the Arris can act as a wired router, and you connected it accidentally to a LAN port of the DGND3700v2 (one of the yellow ports).  So maybe check that next, if only to rule it out.  

Message 11 of 15
txfreddy
Aspirant

Frustrating.

No wires or connections or anything has been changed on the cable modem or router. All of this was working before today. Again the last time I tried to connect to the admin screen was months ago.

Message 12 of 15
netwrks
Master

It sounds like DGND3700  was configured in Access Point mode, which would make sense, if you have an ISP provided router, running a DHCP Service. Since the Comcast router is in the 10.x.x.x network, then so will your clients. If you can connect to the Comcast router, check the connected devices, (look for MAC addresses of the Netgear) and then connect to that IP address. That should take you to the netgear router (/ Access Point).

Message 13 of 15
StephenB
Guru

@txfreddy wrote:

Frustrating.

No wires or connections or anything has been changed on the cable modem or router. All of this was working before today. Again the last time I tried to connect to the admin screen was months ago.

I get that nothing's changed recently, I just want confirmation anyway that the cable modem ethernet is connected to the WAN port of the router (which you aren't giving).

You could get both wifi and ethernet services from the Netgear router even if you accidentally connected the cable modem to a LAN port.  And your combination of symptoms does point to that.

What is failing (other than not being able to reach the log on screen of the router)?

Message 14 of 15
txfreddy
Aspirant

Yeah pretty much I tried everything. I'm an IT guy and nothing worked with this router. Don't know how or why.

I don't have time to screw around with it any longer.

Went and got a new ASUS router. N600. Super fast and easy to set up. No problems whatsoever setting up the Administration. Breezy and eazy.

Going to keep my NetGear maybe as a backup or for another time or place.

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7