Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D6200 Woes - Will Not Find DSL Signal/Genie App Does Not Work

qksc2
Aspirant

D6200 Woes - Will Not Find DSL Signal/Genie App Does Not Work

I bought this router after a suggestion from the Netgear Facebook page.  I have AT&T U-Verse DSL (only internet, no TV or phone).  I was told this would replace the terrible modem AT&T makes me rent.  However, when I hook in the DSL line, the "twisted" indictor flashes and when setting up I am met with a "signal not found."  I have tried all of the suggested troubleshooting steps to no success.  My line signal is fine and my DSL works with the AT&T modem.  Currently, I am using the 6200 as a router only.  Ideas?

Second, my Genie app does not work.  Same thing, tried all of the tips and whenever I try to log in locally, it says that no router is found.  What gives? 

So far the 2 reason I bought this, replace my AT&T gateway and the Genie app to control my children's internet access are both a flop. 

Model: D6200|Dual Band 11ac ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
antinode
Guru

Re: D6200 Woes - Will Not Find DSL Signal/Genie App Does Not Work

> D6200 [...] I have AT&T U-Verse DSL [...]

Does the box in which your D6200 was shipped display a legend similar
to that which is on my D7000[v1] box?:

Works with DSL ISPs like AT&T (except AT&T Uverse), Verizon,
      CenturyLink (Qwest), & Frontier

> [...] I was told [...]

Trust no one, I always say.

> Second, my Genie app does not work. [...]

https://kb.netgear.com/24686

Message 2 of 5
qksc2
Aspirant

That list has my modem on it for the Genie app; my box even has the logo saying it is compatible. 

I asked Netgear directly and was told that it is compatible with ATT Uverse as long as internet is the only service I had; it is.  I do not have the TV and bundle that cannot be used.  I guess I will reach out to ATT with this issue. 

However, the app issue still exists.

Message 3 of 5

@qksc2 wrote:

However, when I hook in the DSL line, the "twisted" indictor flashes and when setting up I am met with a "signal not found." 

Where do you see this message?

Browser graphical user interface (GUI)?

The manual tries to force you down the genie road. (Don't forget, genies come in different flavours, including the desktop genie and the browser itself, as well as Genies for mobile devices.)

The "genie setup" forces itself on you when setting up a new device. But it is limited in the number of Internet service providers that it knows about.

There should be a prompt in there that will let you get in and fix things manually.

If you haven't tried it yet, checking the archive for stuff on ATT Uverse might be helpful:

Search - NETGEAR Communities – ATT Uverse

This service does seem to cause more grief than most ISPs.

Message 4 of 5
qksc2
Aspirant

The indicator on the modem itself is flashing the DSL line.

I am reading through the AT&T stuff now and may call them.

The app still does not work.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7