Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000 V1.0.1.54_1.0.1 problems

sb5k
Follower

D7000 V1.0.1.54_1.0.1 problems

After upgrading to the latest firmware, V1.0.1.54_1.0.1, the router becomes unresponsive every day or so. It has to be powered off and on again. All devices get disconnected.

It worked better BEFORE the upgrade.

Since this is after they 90 day support, they want me to pay to report this - I'm not asking for help setting it up, I want to report a bug.

So, is anyone else seeing this?

And if anyone from Netgear is listening, firmware problems should come under the 1 year hardware support, but I can't find a way to even report it.

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
eleced
Aspirant

Re: D7000 V1.0.1.54_1.0.1 problems

Hi,

I am also seeing stability issues with V1.0.1.54_1.0.1.  Not as bad as yours by the sounds, but every so often some devices (kids tablets) won't connect.  A modem restart is required.

I have also posted about a regression with schedule setting. 

When I first got the modem it was rock solid, no WiFi drop outs at all - much better than the Asus unit it replaced.  When I had issues with Asus, the support was good. I was even doing debug logging for their support team.  Problem was that the family needed quality WiFi and we could only wait only so long ...

I'm not at all happy the the NetGear FW quality appears to be decreasing with each new update. Totally agree, that at this price point support (bug reports) should be included for free. 

I'm still within HW waranty period, so if it gets too bad, might have to go back to the store and try another brand ...

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7