Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000v2 doing random weird things

TheLampy
Initiate

D7000v2 doing random weird things

I'd previously posted https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/R8000-DHCP-server-not-passing-internet-traff... and the result was a couple of calls to support which didn't achieve much followed by me going out and buying a D7000 to resolve ANY conflict between a modem and a router.  And that worked well, for a while.....

Have the most odd faults maybe two/three times a day where certain parts of the network (I'll explain the topology below) will claim to be offline and no internet connection, yet the router is very much up, traffic is being streamed elsewhere and if you log in and look at the logs and the traffic meter it's business as usual.   I have also noticed that if you have 20/40 MHz existence enabled then it just simply stops accepting any 2.4MHz connections - the list is literally empty - and you can't create a new connection to it.  This is especially noticeable because I use VOIP phones and every now and then one of them will beep to say it's lost connection.... then a short while later come up again.  We're rural so there's not a massive amount of RF competition on 2.4MHz but it's not impossible that's an issue.  I've read various posts on here with issues of ADSL dropping etc but none of them seem to be quite the same as this?

So.... setup is this:

D7000v2  Firmware V1.0.0.56_1.0.1

DSL is PPPoA, MTU is 1458 and I have a fixed IP from my ISP.   ADSL bandwidth isn't great, typically 6MB / 800K

IP: 192.168.1.1

DHCP Server [192.168.1.2 - 254]

2.4MHz Wireless, SSID:  Network1, password1

5MHz Wireless, SSID: Network1, password1

Currently showing 12 connections on 2.4Mhz (of which four are other netgear hardware)
                                        09 connections on 5MHz (of which two are being 'spoofed' by a repeater)

No QoS, No WMM Multimedia enabled, No access restrictions

Connected by 2.4MHz Wifi (Network1):
          Repeater 1:  N300 

2.4MHz SSID is Network1
                      RJ45 connection to a WN3000RPv3 managed switch/hub   >>>  1 x cabled PC,  1 x VOIP Phone

Repeater 2:  N300

2.4MHz SSID is Network2

RJ45 connection to 1 x VOIP phone

Connected by 5MHz Wifi (Network1)

Repeater 3:  EX6110 in '5MHz tunnel' mode, 

2.4MHz MHz SSID is Network3
          (this is a dedicated SSID for Nest security cameras)

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
Hopskirk
Aspirant

Re: D7000v2 doing random weird things

I have a similar problem, I can't connect to the network. usually when I turn off the router manually. After updating the router, it is not ready to share disk via USB router for a long time. I reduced the bit rate of the 2.4 network which is problematic. If not, the stack will probably overflow. but now it hasn't happened to me for a long time. do you use IPV6? Hi

Message 2 of 3
tyeth
Tutor

Re: D7000v2 doing random weird things

You amazing human being, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I stared at the 20/40MHz coexistence and left it alone but there was an inkling in the back of my mind. This thread just solved my life. WIFI CONNECTED!!!!

Generally I'm really f*cked off with netgear and their not giving a monkeys attitude. Breaking 2.4GHz on a wifi product is surely a critical fault. The USB never working properly just shows there apathy. Most recently I noticed the random no-connection for a few seconds, but can be as frequent as every five minutes (will try to retest but not relying on this router anymore - using sky now). Totally b0rked device and firmware worthy of Room 101.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7