Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D8500 Firmware v1.0.3.29_1.0.1 Bug

Magma25
Tutor

D8500 Firmware v1.0.3.29_1.0.1 Bug

Since upgrading to the latest firmware for my D8500 (v1.0.3.29_1.0.1) I was no longer able to open the Access Control page. It would just hang, and repeated attempts to open it would just cause the router's config system to refuse connections from any browsers (although routing between devices and the internet continued just fine).

I rolled back to the previous firmware version (v1.0.3.28_1.0.1) and Access Control opens fine, so I can only assume it's a bug in the latest firmware.

P.S. The D8500 doesn't appear in the list of models in the model box for submitting posts - Is this an oversight? It is a DSL modem/router so shouldn't it belong in this section?

Message 1 of 6
antinode
Guru

Re: D8500 Firmware v1.0.3.29_1.0.1 Bug

> I rolled back to the previous firmware version (v1.0.3.28_1.0.1) and
> Access Control opens fine, so I can only assume it's a bug in the latest
> firmware.

Sounds likely, and may be rather common.  My experience on a
different (older) model:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/x/x/m-p/1312714

Something similar-sounding on a D8500:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/x/x/m-p/1323913

Message 2 of 6
Magma25
Tutor

So to test if it's a configuration clash between old and new firmware, I'll have to update to the newest firmware, then do a factory reset, then set up my DSL configuration, devices, reserved IP addresses, port forwarding, etc. all over again, then test the faulty page again, then if it doesn't work and it's *not* a configuration clash, roll back to the previous version and potentially have to do the same again.

I'll try it, but probably not this week, It took me the best part of a day to get it set up last time, and although I know precisely what I'm doing this time, I've got no spare time to troubleshoot if things go awry!

Message 3 of 6
Mrbchambers
Guide

I bought a D5800 in the last 2 days, and have found the problem with access control not working once the firmware has been updated.

Thankfully I found this forum. So is this information moderated and used to take these issues forward or is it worth me contacting Netgear support.

Message 4 of 6
Mrbchambers
Guide

I bought a D5800 in the last 2 days, and have found the problem with access control not working once the firmware has been updated.

Thankfully I found this forum. So is this information moderated and used to take these issues forward or is it worth me contacting Netgear support.

Message 5 of 6

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have problems with new firmware.

First note down the settings – screen grabs can help here.

By the way, you have joined in on an older discussion so there's a chance that the official support team will be too busy following new stuff to find your message. It is usually better to start your own fresh discussion if you want their attention.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7