Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DGND3700v2 - Change Region (NA) to Other Region Possible?

rubens_gomes
Follower

DGND3700v2 - Change Region (NA) to Other Region Possible?

I recently purchased a used NetGear DGND3700v2 - N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router in the United States.  And I am taking this device to Brazil (South America).  I noticed that the device has the firmware (Firmware Version V1.1.00.12_1.00.12NA), and I have successfully been able to upgrade the Firmware to Firmware Version V1.1.00.26_1.00.26NA.

I have the following questions:

Should I reinstall the firmware to the Firmware Version V1.1.00.26_1.00.26 (for all regions except North America)?

Since the router was purchased in the US will installing a firmware for all regions except North America work?

If I keep the current NA (North America) firmware installed, will this router work in Brazil with the North America firmware?  

Please, let me know what are my best options: use NA firmware vs non-NA firrmware when taking router to Brazil..

Thanks,

Rubens

Model: DGND3700v2|N600 WIRELESS DUAL BAND GIGABIT ADSL2+ MODEM ROUTER
Message 1 of 2
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Re: DGND3700v2 - Change Region (NA) to Other Region Possible?

I believe you should be able to use the router just fine in Brazil. It seems that the biggest difference between NA and ROW is the difference in wifi channels. Some countries allow channels in the 2.4Ghz above channel 11 which is the highest channel allowed in NA. I also believe that the northa American regs allow for slightly more power to be used in the radio to make up for the fewer channels. Other than the wifi differences (which is all firmware controlled) I don't think there's any difference between ROW and NA devices.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7