Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Dm200 web interface not working

Frustrated9
Aspirant

Dm200 web interface not working

Any tips on getting this GUI to respond and not have to refresh it a few dozen time to get it to load.
Ive been 2 hours messing with this and no phone number to call.
I have to screw around with community support for a fee days before the product will work.
I am goving it another hour and I am returning it and never speaking the name Netgear ever again.
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
Frustrated9
Aspirant

Re: Dm200 web interface not working

Just spent another 2.5 hours of refreshing I finally made it to apply the internet settings and save.
Once it finally saved, the app ran slow but it worked.
I was stuck on applying the internet settings for the longest time. Refresh, reload and apply, rinse and repeat 15 or 20 times and it until it finally took.
Some times it just hung and I refreshed and other times I got page can't be displayed and refreshed.

Nothing done to the system, I just had to get the kids off my back cause the xbox was down. Well, that and wear out my F5 key.

This is the last Netgear product I will ever buy, that's for sure. Over 24 hours fighting this and still no response from a Netgear support tech.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 11

All Replies
Frustrated9
Aspirant

No phone support? For a new product?
Message 2 of 11
Frustrated9
Aspirant

20 minutes and still no response. This is not customer service!
Message 3 of 11
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Frustrated9

What web browser are you using and have you tried to use a different one?

DarrenM

Message 4 of 11
Frustrated9
Aspirant

IE11, FireFox, Edge and Opera.
Cleared all coaches.
The page hangs without showing any ui.
I refresh and might get the header or maybe get to the screen to select country. Sometime it even made it to detecting connection but stayed on that screen for over an hour.
Since I couldn't find a number to talk to someone from Netgear directly, I gave up and will return it.
Terrible customer service to hand their support to a community forum.
Message 5 of 11

Which address are you using to get into the web interface?

Is there anything else on the network, such as a router?

Message 6 of 11
Frustrated9
Aspirant

The site that automatically runs when the new network was found. Routerlogin.com
Followed the process on the instructions and only had a single computer connected.
2 different computers were tried.
Message 7 of 11

@Frustrated9 wrote:
The site that automatically runs when the new network was found. Routerlogin.com

First thing to note, there is no "site". It is just using the browser to get into the hardware's control interface. You can get at it even when you are not connected to the Internet. Indeed, you don't even have to plug your modem into the outside world to be able to use the interface:

The usual destinations are:

http://www.routerlogin.com/

and

http://www.routerlogin.net

If they don't work, then the IP address might be an option. Here the usual suspects are:

http://192.168.0.1

or

http://192.168.1.1

You can find the IP address of your hardware using ipconfig. In Windows, bring up the Command prompt, type ipconfig and look for the IP address oif the "Default Gateway". Type (or copy) what you see into the browser.

There are various reasons why the interface does not show. (A search of this forum will show that this one comes up pretty often.)

That's why no one can shoot back a do this reply at you.

It can be because you have Kapserky anti-virus installed, or because you have other stuff on your network that is confusing things. A router for example, might be fighting with your modem to hand out IP addresses.

That's why people keep asking questions. (And why the forum suggests the information that you could provide to cut to the chase.) They aren't stalling you, or trying to be awkward. They are just trying to home in on your circumstances.

I'm puzzled b y the bit where you say "The page hangs without showing any ui" and then "might get the header or maybe get to the screen to select country". That isn't the usual error behaviour. Perhaps you are stuck in "wizard" mode, which usually kicks in with new hardware.

Message 8 of 11
Frustrated9
Aspirant

Yes, the page, the site , GUI, set up UI, what ever you want to call it, hangs at various stages of the process.
As I stated there is nothing on the modem but the computer.
Using MSFT corp AV not Kasp.
No kidding it isn't usual behavior lol, that's why I need to talk to someone from Netgear support…

Point is, this is a brand new out of the box device and I am stuck sending messages to a community fourm instead of talking to someone from the company support group.

This should have been fixed yesterday.
Message 9 of 11
Frustrated9
Aspirant

Also… what does this device do?
It gets me connected to the internet.
What happens when it breaks?
I can't get to the internet.
How do I post to their community forum?
Gotta connect to the internet!
Pretty stupid customer support model, if you ask me!
Message 10 of 11
Frustrated9
Aspirant

Just spent another 2.5 hours of refreshing I finally made it to apply the internet settings and save.
Once it finally saved, the app ran slow but it worked.
I was stuck on applying the internet settings for the longest time. Refresh, reload and apply, rinse and repeat 15 or 20 times and it until it finally took.
Some times it just hung and I refreshed and other times I got page can't be displayed and refreshed.

Nothing done to the system, I just had to get the kids off my back cause the xbox was down. Well, that and wear out my F5 key.

This is the last Netgear product I will ever buy, that's for sure. Over 24 hours fighting this and still no response from a Netgear support tech.
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7