Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to open Ports to use Majicjack phone

DJL999
Aspirant

How to open Ports to use Majicjack phone

I am 67 years old and do not understand a lot of the computer system setups.  I us a Majicjack phone linked to my computer and I get a lot of static on the phone.  The Majicjack trouble shooting instructions says to open Ports 5060-5070 on my R6250/AC1600 Smart WiFi router, I do not have a clue were to start, if anyone can provide some step-by-step instructions that would be very helpful.  Thanks Dave

Message 1 of 4
Nodism1125
NETGEAR Expert

Re: How to open Ports to use Majicjack phone

Hi DJL999,

First, please check the IP address of computer where you have Majicjack connected.

Service Name: Majicjack

Service Type: TCP/UDP (both)

Ports: 5060-5070

1. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to your router’s network.
  2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net in the browser’s address bar.
  3. A login window displays.
  4. Enter the router user name and password.
  5. The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are case-sensitive.
  6. The BASIC Home screen displays.
  7. Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Port Forwarding/Port Triggering.
  8. Ensure that the Port Forwarding radio button is selected as the service type.
  9. Click the Add Custom Service button.
  10. In the Service Name field, enter a descriptive name as Majicjack.
  11. In the Service Type field, select a protocol as TCP/UDP.
  12. In the External Starting Port field, enter the beginning port number as 5060.
  13. In the External Ending Port field, enter the beginning port number as 5070.
  14. Leave the Use the same port range for Internal port check box selected.
  15. Type the IP address in the Internal IP address field or select the radio button for an attached device listed in the table.
  16. Click the Apply button.
Message 2 of 4
DJL999
Aspirant

Sorry that I have not got back sooner but I have been out of town.  I have followed your instructions which were very good, and I have entered the information into my Majicjack account.  I will see over the next few days how it works on my phone reception.

Thank you very much for your help.  Dave

Message 3 of 4
Nodism1125
NETGEAR Expert

Hi DJL999,

Did it worked? 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos