Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Max Number of Devices Connected to N600 DGND3700

Chiefk93
Follower

Max Number of Devices Connected to N600 DGND3700

How many devices can be connected to the N600 (DGND3700) Router? I have experienced router disconnect issues when more than 5 devices are connected (1 Ethernet Cable) and 4 Wi-Fi.   Firmware updated, Windows 10 (Dell Tower and Surface 5 Pro), Android Phones, Alexa and Apple Phones.  If I have family over we have 7 phones, and Alexa, two PCs, and 2 tablets all running.  Loose router connectivity after 5 devices connect.

Message 1 of 3

Re: Max Number of Devices Connected to N600 DGND3700

@Chiefk93 wrote:

How many devices can be connected to the N600 (DGND3700) Router?

How many clients can you connect wirelessly to a NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Your DGND3700 ADSL modem/router dates from 2011, more than a decade ago. It predates modern WiFi technologies. But if you are still on an ADSL Internet service there may not be much gained by being more up to date. This might be another reason why things disconnect. Just too little bandwidth.

Message 2 of 3
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Re: Max Number of Devices Connected to N600 DGND3700

I have a couple of these DGND3700v1's that I now use for backup in the event my newer router fails. I've never had an issue with the number of clients attached, over 20 with no trouble. I do run 3rd party firmware on them which Netgear could only dream of making firmware this reliable and functional. The 3rd party firmware is still available here;

DGND3700 V1 Transmission Firmware - richud.com

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7