Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N300 WiFi Range Extender - Password Issue

LekyUK
Aspirant

N300 WiFi Range Extender - Password Issue

Hi,

First post so hello!

Im hoping someone can offer me adivce on this; Ive purchased yet another range extender trying to resolve the same issue. I have no issue connecting to my existing Plusnet network with any of the extenders including the EX2700. This connects, all the lights are green and several devices (laptops/phones and Ipads) find the "...EXT" network. What they don't do is connect. It consistently says there is a password error on the EXT network whilst the password is the actual password to the base network. Ive tried the password 10 times or more and asked the wife to do the same. I have had the issue on all extenders and have not found a solution so returned the extenders. Its the same issue where seemingly the EXT network seems to use a different password or not recognise the actual password.

I have gone into my router settings to see if there is anything obvious but there is not.

Can anyone offer any advice before I return the product. I'm desparate for this to work as Im current running a 30m cable through the house to the garage...no popular with the wife! OR would this be a Plusnet tech question?

Leky

Message 1 of 2
LekyUK
Aspirant

Re: N300 WiFi Range Extender - Password Issue

Replying to my own post for the benefit of anyone else:

Solution:

1. Connect the WIFI Extender as per instructions - ensure you have all green lights.
  2. Attach a wired cable from the extender to the laptop/PC.
  3. When connected go to http://mywifiext.net
  4. Go to the the section where is diplays what password the extender will use, just click on the menus/options until you find it. The extender password will usually be set to use the password of the router (your default password) and this option is shown if you have found the right menu. If that password doesnt work...
  5. Select Enter a New Password
  6. Enter a NEW Password (and write it down!)
  7. Click Save and Wait until completed
  8. Disconnect the cable
  9. Log in to the extender using the new password.

Notes:

You base router password remains the same as it always was. Your EXT extender password is the new password you entered.

You do not need an internet connection to change the password on the extender.

Hope that helps anyone who has the same issue. Just on the positive side, this toook 5 mins and the signal in the garage is now 5 bars!

Result.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7