Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear D6300 blocking issue

Reignofteror
Follower

Netgear D6300 blocking issue

Hey guys,

recently started using a netgear D6300 with my NBN connection, up until using this router ive had no issues with my KDL50W800B.   Now everytime i try and load Hulu, it plays in the background but the screen is greyed out with "Internet browser will close due to an internal error".  Now all other apps bar Hulu work, I have done factory resets, reconfigured internet settings and deleted the app and reinstalled and nothing has worked.   It works fine when I use the cheap router Optus supplied me with, so thats how I have determined its the router.

From what I have been able to find, its due to the router blocking something that Hulu is trying to send through the network.  Is there a way to turn off the internal firewall, or add blocking in the router?  I have had no luck finding anything.

https://community.sonylatvija.com/t5/televisions/you-tube-internet-browser-will-close-due-to-an-inte...

This link is a person in the UK having the same issue with a different router and how they fixed it, but I cant seem to find how to do it with this router.

Model: D6300|Dual Band 11ac ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Netgear D6300 blocking issue

Hi @Reignofteror

Welcome to the community!

See if setting the NAT filtering to open will help.

This setting can be seen by accessing the admin page and under Advanced > WAN Setup > NAT Filtering

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7