Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk D700v2 DNS problems and router login page problems

Michaelcarney
Follower

Nighthawk D700v2 DNS problems and router login page problems

Keep having DNS problems with my current ISP, but when calling them and trying to run the setup for the Nighthawk, it won't access. I can only get access if i plug my computer directly into the WAN, but obviously i don't have internet at that time, the usual router login just doesn't work if its in another port on the router. 

I can access the router login via my phone, but it still says 'NO DSL/Internet cable is plugged into the router' which isn't true because im using the internet currently.

So can't access at all with computer when i'm using the internet, the phone will connect but says there is no internet

This is on top of continuous DNS problems, and also the other ports sometimes work and sometimes don't, its fine now that i just have my PC plugged in via ethernet, if i add anything, connection for everything might drop

Calling my ISP resulted in saying there is nothing more they can do and its possibly a hardware problem

Any ideas? 

Message 1 of 2

Re: Nighthawk D700v2 DNS problems and router login page problems

@Michaelcarney wrote:

I can access the router login via my phone, but it still says 'NO DSL/Internet cable is plugged into the router' which isn't true because im using the internet currently.

Can you explain that in a  bit more detail?

Access how  by phone?

Wifi? Mobile app? Browser on phone?

I can only get access if i plug my computer directly into the WAN

Access to what? The browser graphical user interface (GUI)?

The LAN ports should get you in there.

What mode is the D7000v2 in? Mode/router or modem only?

What firmware version is on the D7000v2?

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7