Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X4S D7800 - firmware kills DSL

gosvald
Aspirant

Nighthawk X4S D7800 - firmware kills DSL

My D7000 recently went up in smoke, so I went down to the store and replaced it with the same model. Came home, and even though the router worked, it did not detect DSL line. I immediatelly thought that ISP has a problem with the line. After a week of arguments and a technician visit to my house (that costed me $150), I assumed that I picked up a dud and went to store and replafced it again. To my surpise this one did not work either. Same problem. Could not detect the DSL line. I did not think it would be possible to get two faulty modems, but I wen to store AGAIN(!) and this time I picked up a brand new Nighthawk X4S D7800. Came home, connected and it all worked...great.

A week later I thought it would be a good idea to upgrade the firtmware. The original firmware in the unit is V1.0.1.22 and there was an upgrade for V1.0.1.28. I upgraded the firmware, reset the modem to factory defaults and again there was no DSL line.

Long story short, D7800 modem router does not work with any other firmware than V1.0.1.22. It simply does not detect the DSL line.

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
gosvald
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk X4S D7800 - firmware kills DSL

I am in Australia. My problem is with ADSL, not VDSL. I barely get ADSL1 here. Very low speeds. We were promised NBN sometimes in October next year. I tested all firmwares from V1.0.1.22 up. V1.0.1.22 is the only one that works.

Message 2 of 4
gosvald
Aspirant

And I don't use Qos or VPN.

Message 3 of 4
gosvald
Aspirant

Don't know why I received the message that I accepted the solution. There is no solution until Netgear fixes the firmware.

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7