Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: QNAP NAS not visible on network after installing Ac1600 D6400

BigSi54
Aspirant

QNAP NAS not visible on network after installing Ac1600 D6400

A day of frustration.

I replaced my trusty (but old and tired) NetgearDG834G with a new D6400, all went smoothly until I tried to connect to my QNAP NAS (TS-212), I caan see it as an attached device on the old router but when I change to the new one it doesn't appear on the network. The NAS did have a fixed IP address but I reset the settings after a few hours of chasing my tail and it is now having an IP address assigned by the router. I can plug in the old router and the NAS is immediately visible (with an new none-fixed IP address allocated) but when I connect the D6400 i cannot find the NAS as an attached device. Am I missing something, have I bought the wrong thing? Is there a setting I need to enable?

The NAS and the PC I am trying to access it from are both connected directly to the ethernet ports on the router. The router is connected directly to the same adsl connection the older router was.

Please help if you can!

Many Thanks

Simon

Model: D6400|AC1600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router|802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 4

BigSi54 wrote:...
when I change to the new one it doesn't appear on the network.

Does not appear where? Windows network? Netgear genie (web interface and standalone app)?

I have four NAS that show up fine in the Netgear web interface. They sometimes go AWOL in Windows.

They do not have reserved addresses. They needed no special attention to get them to work on the D6400.

Is the router set to be the DHCP server?

Message 2 of 4
BigSi54
Aspirant

Hi

@michaelkenward wrote:

BigSi54 wrote:...
when I change to the new one it doesn't appear on the network.

Does not appear where? Windows network? Netgear genie (web interface and standalone app)?

I have four NAS that show up fine in the Netgear web interface. They sometimes go AWOL in Windows.

They do not have reserved addresses. They needed no special attention to get them to work on the D6400.

Is the router set to be the DHCP server?

Hi Thanks for the reply.

It doesn't appear in the "Attached Devices" section when you login into the router and also on Genie. Yes the router is set to be the DHCP server.

Previously my NAS was just there. I have had to go back to my old router temporarily so I can access my files.

Thanks

Simon

Message 3 of 4

Have you investigated the possibility that you need to configure the QNAP box?

Mine are Zyxel and dLink. (I'm a cheapskate.)

Have you rebooted the NAS boxes and the modem since setting it all up?

Are you on the latest firmware for the D6400. (I can't remember any changes to the firmware – I beta tested this box – but you never know.)

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7