Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router supporting MAP-T Mapping of Address and Port, Translation mode - RFC7599

mikolfaro
Aspirant

Router supporting MAP-T Mapping of Address and Port, Translation mode - RFC7599

Hello,

this is a repost/translation of https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/Compatibilit%C3%A0-MAP-T-Mapping-of-Address-...

I'm looking for a VDSL router that supports MAP-T connection protocol

is there a Netgear model with this technology?

It looks like that OpenWRT supports it (https://openwrt.org/packages/pkgdata_owrt18_6/map-t)

so a router with good support OpenWRT would be OK too.

Thank you

Mikol

Message 1 of 5

Re: Router supporting MAP-T Mapping of Address and Port, Translation mode - RFC7599

@mikolfaro wrote:

I'm looking for a VDSL router that supports MAP-T connection protocol

is there a Netgear model with this technology?

Netgear has a small and shrinking range of DSL modem/routers, and no modem only devices. There hasn't been a new model of modem/router since around 2015.

Like many brands Netgear is dropping DSL. A more common strategy with experienced users is to find one of the few modem-only devices out there and then to add to that one of the many different routers available.

Have you considered asking your unnamed Internet service provider for help? It will know which technologies it uses and the modems that it supports.

Message 2 of 5
mikolfaro
Aspirant

Re: Router supporting MAP-T Mapping of Address and Port, Translation mode - RFC7599

Hi,
Thank you for your reply

My provider has its own proprietary router, but it lacks quite a lot of advanced features.

Thank you, I will ask them for suggestions 🙂
Message 3 of 5
mikolfaro
Aspirant

About the “unnamed provider” it is SkyWifi, I’m in Italy
Message 4 of 5

@mikolfaro wrote:

My provider has its own proprietary router, but it lacks quite a lot of advanced features.

Does the ISP's unnamed modem/router have a "bridge mode" option?

This isn't an ideal solution but you can then add whatever router you like.

Be warned that Netgear's own modem/router devices are also very limited in what they can do. And, at five or more years old, their performance on wifi, for example, is a few generations out of date.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7