Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: The modem can't "see" the device on 2nd USB

Gil80
Apprentice

The modem can't "see" the device on 2nd USB

Hi
I have one USB dongle formatted to EXT3 on the rear USB and a HDD formatted to EXT4 on the front USB port of the modem.

When I browse to \\192.168.0.1 I can see the folder of the USB stick from the rear USB but not the drive of the fron USB.

Can someone help?

Message 1 of 4
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Which DGND3700, v1 or v2? What firmware do you have loaded on the DGND3700? I did try a ext4 usb drive on mine and had issues as the Linux kernel used was not fully patched for ext4 formatted drives. I ended up formatting back to ext3 and the usb drive works fine now.
Message 2 of 4
Gil80
Apprentice

Using v1 and I use this firmware:
http://www.richud.com/wiki/DGND3700_V1_Transmission_Firmware#Changelog_2014-05-29

I thought it's because of EXT4 so I reverted back to EXT3 but now I can't seem to set owner permission in order to copy files across it.
Message 3 of 4
w3wilkes
Prodigy

I did all the formatting on a Windows 7 PC using Partition Wizard HE since I'm not a *nix person. Once partitioned and formatted as a ext3 I plugged it into the router and have no trouble accessing it from my Windows PC's. The reason I went ext3 rather than NTFS is because NTFS is painfully SLOW on the router and ext3 is much better.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7