Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: dgnd3700v2 usb problem and slower line speed

LUCCA777
Novice

dgnd3700v2 usb problem and slower line speed

hello i had the v1 and it was faulty so netgear replaced it with the v2 (much better then the v1 but far from the best) my first problem is my line speed has went from 21000kbps to 9000-13000kbps (very anoying) 2nd problem is the dlna.... on the v1 my externall hard drive samsung story 2tb worked with no problems on the v2 when i plug it in after 5 minutes the router turns off and has a red light. then it turns back on and same thing 5 minutes later red light ive tryd every thing splitting the hard into 2 partitions removing half of the files nothing seems to work it worked on the v1 but doesnt work on the v2? ive contacted netgear about my problems but all they say is we have told ow level 3 trouble shooting team and a new firmware will fix your problem! what the hellllll..... anyway just seeing if any one else has these isues? i wouldnt care if i payed $100 and these isues but i spent $290 so i expect it to be perfect! why does netgear bring out this crap? the v1 has hardware isues and as soon as i seen the forum about the hardware isues and told netgear ive read the hardware is faulty they said we will upgrade you to the v2 so i after 3 months of ringing them... when i told them i knew the hardware was faulty they upgraded me straight away!!! so they no its hardware isue but they dont tell you they just send you around in circles!

i am much happyr with the v2.. if any one can help me please do!
Message 1 of 10
LUCCA777
Novice

alsoi will add i have a wd 1tb hard drive that works on both the v1 and v2!
Message 2 of 10
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

V# changes equals to hardware changes that bring new things. DSL modem may also has different chipset that makes negotiation issues because of type if chipset is more sensitive then previous V1

You would think V1 and V2 should shared the same compatibility for the HD for Readyshare USB but this could some firmware issues that still can not take certain ones.

As much as the trouble you have already and may need solution but remember that forum (user to suer only) is far from Netgear support so I think you know options is limited to keep fighting with support.
Message 3 of 10
LUCCA777
Novice

jmizoguchi wrote:
V# changes equals to hardware changes that bring new things. DSL modem may also has different chipset that makes negotiation issues because of type if chipset is more sensitive then previous V1

You would think V1 and V2 should shared the same compatibility for the HD for Readyshare USB but this could some firmware issues that still can not take certain ones.

As much as the trouble you have already and may need solution but remember that forum (user to suer only) is far from Netgear support so I think you know options is limited to keep fighting with support.

they cant give me any more support they told me the tech 3 guys will call you back but no calls have been made and they cant transfer you to the tech 3 guys i guess im wondering if any one else has these isues or am i the only one did i get dudd router? ive searched evry where for some one with the same isue but no luck! speed reducing by more then half is shocking! if no one has the same isue i might change it over thanks for your advice!
Message 4 of 10
Baldrick
Novice

LUCCA777 wrote:
they cant give me any more support they told me the tech 3 guys will call you back but no calls have been made and they cant transfer you to the tech 3 guys i guess im wondering if any one else has these isues or am i the only one did i get dudd router? ive searched evry where for some one with the same isue but no luck! speed reducing by more then half is shocking! if no one has the same isue i might change it over thanks for your advice!

With the v2 I have the same line speed as I had with my old but trusty DG834PN...if that helps?
Message 5 of 10
moster67
Aspirant

I bought my dgnd3700v2 yesterday and I also have some problems which I wrote about in another post.

What regards your speed-issue, I also had immediately a drop of nearly 50% (from 9999kbps to 5500kbps) in downstream and I remained horrified. After some playing around with the Webinterface thinking there might be a setting somewhere, I thought let me use the original ADSL-filter I had before instead of the new filter furnished with dgnd3700v2 and voilà my original downstream-values were back 🙂

Apparently my phone-plug preferred my old adsl-filter instead of the one furnished by Netgear which indeed has a more tight fit.

I hope your problem might be "stupid" like mine and easily resolved..
Message 6 of 10
LUCCA777
Novice

yes ive tryed that with 3 diferent filters nothing. it seems to be stuck at 13293kbps wont go down or up a single kbps do you have a 2tb hard drive you could test for me? that would be great thanks for the tips every thing helps
Message 7 of 10
LUCCA777
Novice

just wondering if any one on the dgnd3700 could post there stats for me it seems to me the router is throtling my line speed my link rate will not change it ust to be 19000-20000 on the v1

Link Rate 13293 Kbps 961 Kbps
Line Attenuation 32.0 dB 18.0 dB
Noise Margin 7.7 dB 7.0 dB
Message 8 of 10
LUCCA777
Novice

also i should add i can have my hard drive pluged in with media server off and it will work in the readyshare as soon as i put media server on 5 minutes after it will drop out
Message 9 of 10
LUCCA777
Novice

the up the link rate changes but not the down link rate?

Link Rate 13293 Kbps 964 Kbps
Line Attenuation 32.0 dB 18.0 dB
Noise Margin 7.4 dB 7.5 dB
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7