Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

netgear router V6510 password

waz-57
Aspirant

netgear router V6510 password

Hi ll i have an issue with my modem last week i changed the log on from admin and password to ??????? 5 minute later my computer fell over, anyway i cant remember the new pass and user. Do I just plug a j45 Ethernet cable between the computer and modem and tke control back ???

Message 1 of 6

Re: netgear router V6510 password

There is no V6150 Netgear modem. Not even a R6150 or D6150. So what do you own?

@waz-57 wrote:

my computer fell over, anyway i cant remember the new pass and user. Do I just plug a j45 Ethernet cable between the computer and modem and tke control back ???

I don't understand what happened. How did the computer "fall over"? What is this "new pass and user" and how did you get them?

If you are trying to login to the router, try this:

How do I log in to my NETGEAR wireless router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Manuals are always a good place to start.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Look for the model number on the label on the device.

You may have done that already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear gave up on supplying paper manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 6
waz-57
Aspirant

Okay the router is a V6510 its a Foxtel ne sure a couple of years old . So i read up on the fixes and everything and found the re set button waited held for 30 seconds and it all goes back to when it landed so I'm in got rid of a secret network and a secrete user and its running good so thanks ill have to get onto Foxtel the buggers for the old crap gone thanks, Waz

Message 3 of 6

@waz-57 wrote:

Okay the router is a V6510 its a Foxtel ne sure a couple of years old .

Not something that Netgear can help with. Even if Netgear made it, Foxtel provides support.

Message 4 of 6
waz-57
Aspirant

Hi would you believe out of sheer luck i found an old password and it was the one, im not a lover of the same password on each account and i do keep a list just maybe i need to back up more regularly. Now my problem is the TV its a TCL 75 inch and its a dog it will only pick up on the 2.4 GHz nothing else some of the time but my ten year 55 inch LG is double the distance away and goes straight for the 5 GHz a good60 yards away and the TCL has a range extender plugged in beside it

Message 5 of 6

@waz-57 wrote:

Now my problem is the TV its a TCL 75 inch and its a dog it will only pick up on the 2.4 GHz nothing else some of the time but my ten year 55 inch LG is double the distance away and goes straight for the 5 GHz a good60 yards away and the TCL has a range extender plugged in beside it

So what are you asking about? I find it hard to follow that punctuate-free set of disjointed stuff.

A good way to connect a TV to the Internet is with Powerline Ethernet.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7