Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

replace orange modem to have bridge mode

bouchal
Follower

replace orange modem to have bridge mode

Hello, i am looking for a modem/router to replace the live box ProV5 (which can not work in bridge mode), to finaly have the Bridge mode configured and have my public IP on my main Router.

Right now, orange is coming into my desk with a Fibre connected to their Box. This is an ADSL with connexion typoe (fti/.... + Pswd), with a Fixe IP, then, connected to my Meraki MX thru ethernet.

The meraki does not play the connexion to Orange (that would be too easy...)!

Tx for your response and advice.

B.

Message 1 of 2

Re: replace orange modem to have bridge mode

Orange? Is that the ISP? In France?

@bouchal wrote:

Right now, orange is coming into my desk with a Fibre connected to their Box.

Fibre? That can mean anything. All Internet is "fibre" somewhere in the chain. Actually, ADSL Internet is the least likely to have fibre anywhere because it is essentially a copper wire service.

The bad news is that DSL modems (especially ADSL) seem to be dying. Netgear has stopped selling its DM200 and other brands are thin on the ground.

All you are likely to find is a DSL modem/router. Something like Netgear's DM6400, for example, will work in modem only (bridge mode) but that can cause pronblems if you put it in front of a router.

@bouchal wrote:

This is an ADSL with connexion typoe (fti/.... + Pswd), with a Fixe IP, then, connected to my Meraki MX thru ethernet.

I have no idea what that ADSL connection means and the Meraki looks like some sort of exotic box that will not be familiar to many people around here.

Does Orange have a user group where you can ask your question/

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7