Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

BR200 Factory reset after poweroutage.

Shaggysan
Aspirant

BR200 Factory reset after poweroutage.

I have a site with a BR200, FirmwareV5.10.0.5, that has factory reset itself after a power outage. The first time there was a several day outage at the site and when it came back up I noticed the network wasn't talking and the ip scheme had changed. When I couldn't log in  with my credentials I used the default one and realized the router had reset.

Now about a year later they had only a brief power flicker and it reset again. All switches(netgear) and router are on a ups and I realized when I got onsite somebody at some point had moved the power strip from battery to surge only. Now I have power cycled and pulled the plug many a time before on a router, netgear and others, and never had it completely factory reset itself. Normally it might not matter too much if somebody it using default ip settings and just let dhcp do its thing, but I have non windows devices that run on static addresses and this makes a complete mess when it happens and involves a service call.

I have seen this before on other sites with R7000 nighthawks and didn't realize at the time when I was replacing them with new ones that it may be power related. Has anybody else had this experience?

I have  had enough issues with netgear routers and the fact that this device is "end of life",  I will be migrating them away from netgear to something more robust. Not all sites have to space to use rack mounted smart switches and I like having a small form factor router to control my networks.

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: BR200 Factory reset after poweroutage.

Pretty sure the BR200 had some security issues and was recall/replaced because of. 

Security Advisory for Multiple Security Vulnerabilities on BR200 and BR500, PSV-2021-0286 - NETGEAR ...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements